Windows 10: SSD drive locked

Discus and support SSD drive locked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have 4 drives on my SSD. Bitlocker was active but it was always unlocked and i never did anything to it. i formatted by primary drive and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Smasum, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Smasum Win User

SSD drive locked

Hi Team,

I have 4 drives on my SSD. Bitlocker was active but it was always unlocked and i never did anything to it. i formatted by primary drive and reinstalled windows and now these drives are locked and asking for key. unfortunately i dont recall generating any key ever. i tried connecting the laptop to my work domain as well as to azure ad but it didnt work. i found that i can find the recovery key from live account. BUT when i try my organization email address, there is no live account for it. Only Azure AD account. My personal account has live but there is no key in that account. Is there anyway to know which account is associated with this lock? Please note, formatting the drive is not an option for me.

br

:)

Smasum, Aug 13, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 13, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2019
  4. SSD drive locked

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

SSD drive locked

1. SSD drive locked - Similar Threads - SSD drive locked

2. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  3. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  4. SSD and D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD and D Drive: I have a new PC with a SSD and normal hard drive. How do I get the default for files (new, explore, save etc) to be to the D Drive. I seem to have ended up with 2 versions and they aren't in syncd...
  5. SSD Drive Full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Drive Full: So my 240GB SSD Drive that came with my PC is full and I purchased a new 500GB SSD but I can't seem to install most new programs to it. I remember my older computers always giving you the option to install to any location you wanted but it seems to automatically put...
  6. Error with SSD drive

Error with SSD drive: I installed Windows on my new SSD and I have my old Windows installed on the hard drive. I formatted the drive via gparted, but received an error message 0xc0000225 that means unable to find the file windows\system32\winload.exe. The recovery mode cannot find the problem. I...
  7. LOCKED DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOCKED DRIVE: Help I went to use iTunes recently and my laptop I am guessing it is my c drive how do I unlock it. I have window 10 home edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/locked-drive/94b485e1-83df-4907-8f20-170ed12df777
  8. SSD Drives

SSD Drives: What is the fastest drive config. ? Is it the M2 socket. Getting ready for new build,speed is my main goal,hate to wait for computer to boot. 37645
  9. Locked SSD and boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked SSD and boot issues: So my computer froze and I restarted it. and I ran into a bunch of boot issues. In all Scenarios, all fans,case lighting, GPU lights turn on and stay on. -When I reset the PC, it goes to the bios screen and my motherboard Dr. Debug shows A9 ( failure to post). While at...
  10. Upgrading to SSD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to SSD drive: I plan to upgrade my laptops HD to an SSD. I was going to buy a Samsung drive because it has the cloning software but to give my new installation the best chance, I was planning to do the following: back up all my files onto an external HD; reset windows on my pc to its...