Windows 10: SSD drive locked

Discus and support SSD drive locked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have 4 drives on my SSD. Bitlocker was active but it was always unlocked and i never did anything to it. i formatted by primary drive and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Smasum, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Smasum Win User

SSD drive locked

Hi Team,

I have 4 drives on my SSD. Bitlocker was active but it was always unlocked and i never did anything to it. i formatted by primary drive and reinstalled windows and now these drives are locked and asking for key. unfortunately i dont recall generating any key ever. i tried connecting the laptop to my work domain as well as to azure ad but it didnt work. i found that i can find the recovery key from live account. BUT when i try my organization email address, there is no live account for it. Only Azure AD account. My personal account has live but there is no key in that account. Is there anyway to know which account is associated with this lock? Please note, formatting the drive is not an option for me.

br

:)

Smasum, Aug 13, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 13, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2019
  4. SSD drive locked

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

SSD drive locked

1. SSD drive locked - Similar Threads - SSD drive locked

2. Locking a Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locking a Drive: I use the windows 11 home single language edition, now how do I lock a drivenew volume D or E? Is it possible?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-a-drive/5d0c77f7-6149-4a96-83f0-2ea2a80b61f9
  3. Locking a Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locking a Drive: I use the windows 11 home single language edition, now how do I lock a drivenew volume D or E? Is it possible?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-a-drive/5d0c77f7-6149-4a96-83f0-2ea2a80b61f9
  4. Locked drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked drive: Hello! I wanted to reset my computer and I did it. But I had BitLocker encryption on the drive "D:". Now it is locked. Could you please help me how to disable BitLocker without a password? passwords saved are incorrect...
  5. Drive Locked!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Locked!: I used one of my drives to store all my personal files dating back to 2010. I used windows BitLocker to lock the drive as I was staying in a dorm and my housemates often used my laptop. I remember renaming the recovery key text file and storing it in some folder on C drive. I...
  6. ssd drive

ssd drive: I formatted my ssd drive from my laptop and installed linux mint 19 last week... SO, now i decided to install windows 10 now; so i bought windows 10 pr dvd 2 days ago but when i tried to install windows 10 and it said it cant because drive 0 partition 1 total size...
  7. Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive: Okay, So here's the thing. Laptop with small (16GB) Optane SSD & 1TB Seagate HDD failed. Retailer tried to repair, repair failed. Retailer replaced machine with new (lower spec) machine that only has m.2 NVMe PCIe sockets. Bought a small 'Proof-of-concept' SSD to check the...
  8. Locked out of SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of SSD: On boot, the Windows 10 loading screen appears, sits for roughly 15 minutes and then BSOD with an "Unknown error", which the PC reboots and starts the cycle over again. Using USB recovery, all attempts to repair Windows failed with error "an error has occurred in the...
  9. Locked SSD

Locked SSD: Ok, i need help and good help because i have no idea what happened. i was adding a security option to a file ( i blocked system from having full control and left everything else because it kept interfering with a program ). when all of a sudden my wallpaper went black and...
  10. SSD Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Drives: What is the fastest drive config. ? Is it the M2 socket. Getting ready for new build,speed is my main goal,hate to wait for computer to boot. 37645