Windows 10: SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.

Discus and support SSD drive no longer available in boot selections. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On start up I get a message that no OS can be found. The SSD drive, id'd as drive zero, is present in the advanced sata configuration secton of bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trbodden, Apr 24, 2015.

1. trbodden Win User

SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.

On start up I get a message that no OS can be found.

The SSD drive, id'd as drive zero, is present in the advanced sata configuration secton of bios (3402). It is also available in the boot override portion of the boot section. It does not show up as a selection in any of the boot options. My other HDD and cd/dvd drive are there. I can start by hitting SSD boot override in the bios and the system works normally.

In the disk management after I do start up the firstportion of the disk is ID's as system reserved; (system, active, primary partion) 350 MB
    The second partition is ID's as c: (healthy, boot, crash dump, primary partition) 55 GB
    the third portion is ID'd as 450 MB (healthy recovery partition)

I am in tech preview and recently attempted to get vmware player running but took it off as it did not help me as I thought it would.

thanks for any inputs.

:)

trbodden, Apr 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 stuck in an install loop

After the Windows install is complete on the Unallocated Space on the drive, it no longer lists the SSD as a boot drive.

KurtSchober, Apr 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 stuck in an install loop

When I select the SSD as the only boot option, it does not boot at all. When I boot off of the hard drive to check whats on the SSD, it shows that Windows files have been downloaded onto the drive. When I boot using the installation media, it restarts
    the setup process.

KurtSchober, Apr 24, 2015
Thema:

SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.

1. SSD drive no longer available in boot selections. - Similar Threads - SSD drive longer

2. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot: Dell Inspiron 3646, Service Tag 5QKB822, Desktop PC, Windows 10Original problem during update “undoing changes...”; followed by “Auto Repair...” endless loops, then Black SOD, no cursor and now”“No Boot Device AvailableSATA 0: InstalledSATA 1: InstalledStrike the F1 key to...
  3. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot: Dell Inspiron 3646, Service Tag 5QKB822, Desktop PC, Windows 10Original problem during update “undoing changes...”; followed by “Auto Repair...” endless loops, then Black SOD, no cursor and now”“No Boot Device AvailableSATA 0: InstalledSATA 1: InstalledStrike the F1 key to...
  4. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  6. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  7. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. SSD no longer a boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD no longer a boot device: Yesterday my PC was working fine but I recieved a pop up to restart my device to repair the disk, but I could restart later and I could still do anything I wanted on the computer. On restart there was a long period repairing files and now my PC will only boot to my old HDD...
  9. My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.: win10 pro ver 2004bld 19041.264 Holla Hombres, I've cloned and been using a Crucial 1T SSD for a few days. It replaces a 500G Seagate that was doing just fine but couldn't resist the upgrade. And yes it was awesome... for a while. I used Macrium to clone and it left half the...
  10. [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer: Usual I have this boot time: 13.5 seconds. But sometimes my pc needs 20.4 seconds. I got these times from the bios time in the task manager. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? submitted by /u/ExistingBranch [link] [comments]...