Windows 10: SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.

Discus and support SSD drive no longer available in boot selections. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On start up I get a message that no OS can be found. The SSD drive, id'd as drive zero, is present in the advanced sata configuration secton of bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trbodden, Apr 24, 2015.

1. trbodden Win User

SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.

On start up I get a message that no OS can be found.

The SSD drive, id'd as drive zero, is present in the advanced sata configuration secton of bios (3402). It is also available in the boot override portion of the boot section. It does not show up as a selection in any of the boot options. My other HDD and cd/dvd drive are there. I can start by hitting SSD boot override in the bios and the system works normally.

In the disk management after I do start up the firstportion of the disk is ID's as system reserved; (system, active, primary partion) 350 MB
    The second partition is ID's as c: (healthy, boot, crash dump, primary partition) 55 GB
    the third portion is ID'd as 450 MB (healthy recovery partition)

I am in tech preview and recently attempted to get vmware player running but took it off as it did not help me as I thought it would.

thanks for any inputs.

:)

trbodden, Apr 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 stuck in an install loop

After the Windows install is complete on the Unallocated Space on the drive, it no longer lists the SSD as a boot drive.

KurtSchober, Apr 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 stuck in an install loop

When I select the SSD as the only boot option, it does not boot at all. When I boot off of the hard drive to check whats on the SSD, it shows that Windows files have been downloaded onto the drive. When I boot using the installation media, it restarts
    the setup process.

KurtSchober, Apr 24, 2015
Thema:

SSD drive no longer available in boot selections.

1. SSD drive no longer available in boot selections. - Similar Threads - SSD drive longer

2. My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.: win10 pro ver 2004bld 19041.264 Holla Hombres, I've cloned and been using a Crucial 1T SSD for a few days. It replaces a 500G Seagate that was doing just fine but couldn't resist the upgrade. And yes it was awesome... for a while. I used Macrium to clone and it left half the...
  3. Suddenly booting up on drive selection menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly booting up on drive selection menu: Hi, after my first fresh install of win10 a year ago, I never had to see the boot menu, however today, when I turned on my PC, it suddenly brought me to the boot menu. I can still select the correct drive with my installation of win10, but is this a sign that my drive is...
  4. Making my SSD the boot drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Making my SSD the boot drive: I want to make my new SSD my boot drive and I think to do that I have to install windows 10 on it, select it as the boot drive in bios and that should be it, right? I've already formatted it so I'm not worried about that Before I make a mistake though I wanted to get my...
  5. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  6. [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] ssd Boot times sometime longer: Usual I have this boot time: 13.5 seconds. But sometimes my pc needs 20.4 seconds. I got these times from the bios time in the task manager. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? submitted by /u/ExistingBranch [link] [comments]...
  7. USB or DVD Boot Drive Determination/Selection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    USB or DVD Boot Drive Determination/Selection: I have downloaded and successfully installed Windows 10 version 1703 including the recent update. Now, I need to download and create Installation Media and note I need to determine whether this PC is setup to boot from USB drive or DVD drive. Either advancing age or brain...
  8. SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive

SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive: I've researched high and low for a simple solution. I remember doing this on windows 7 with a registry hack back in the day, and it worked flawlessly. This is what I would like to do. I have a 500 gig SSD and a 1TB HDD. I would like all 600 gigs of user data to be on the HDD...
  9. Dual Boot System - RTM Partition No Longer Available

Dual Boot System - RTM Partition No Longer Available: I created a dual boot system quite some time ago and all was well until . . . RTM partition was completely up-to-date. I had recently updated to Windows 10 Build 10251 on the Insider partition. I turned the machine off on Sunday January 31, left town, and returned...
  10. SSD migrated system not booting unless selected in bios.

SSD migrated system not booting unless selected in bios.: My wife purchased a Dell 8700 XPS with i7 4790 processor,16GB ram. and Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 4GB and a 2 terabyte hard drive. She also purchased a Kingston HyperX 120 GB SSD. I used a popular software to migrated Windows 8.1 Home to the SSD from the HDD. This seemed to work...