Windows 10: SSD drive one partion not accessible

Discus and support SSD drive one partion not accessible in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using window 10 and suddenly one partition E partion i am not able to access. I plugged in ssd drive to my USB port to check after that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sangunniKS, Aug 12, 2020.

1. SSD drive one partion not accessible

I am using window 10 and suddenly one partition E partion i am not able to access. I plugged in ssd drive to my USB port to check after that this problem stated. It displayed E:\ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified. When I right click on this drive the properties shows this drive has 270 GB free and 198 GB used. How can I recover the data from this drive?

:)

sangunniKS, Aug 12, 2020
  2. gordon99 Win User

Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

Hello Bree and others,
    I replaced my laptop hard drive with a SSD successfully. I used my external drive and Macrium Reflect to make a system image of the laptop hard drive as suggested and transferred the image to the new SSD using my Macrium Boot Recovery flash drive. The only hiccup occured when I came to move the four partions onto the SSD. It seems one has to do this by moving the "C" partion last. If you try to do it before moving the the other three partions the "C" partion grabs all the available space.

gordon99, Aug 12, 2020
  3. issue about partion of c drive

c drive has 500Gb but I have to partion of 300Gb separately

but it not getting partion more then 50GB can you partion my disk with remote acces of my laptop

SurendraReddy1, Aug 12, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

SSD drive one partion not accessible

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

SSD drive one partion not accessible

1. SSD drive one partion not accessible - Similar Threads - SSD drive partion

2. Partions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partions: I have an unused copy of windows 10, partitioned, taking up space on SSD drive. How do I delete this copy of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partions/d763401f-cd1e-48b6-8cfd-f4e9db5cc2e9
  3. One Drive access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive access: Using fully updated Windows 10 Pro, zipped files that are shared via a public link often require MS log on. Why? Non-zips do not. 174588
  4. Possible C drive partion issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible C drive partion issue.: He Guys, I just decided to do an image of both my PC's and noticed something strange! on one of my PC's as I expected there was a recovery partition and EFI partition as well as the main Boot drive partition all on the same SSD, great. :) However on my other PC when setting...
  5. Possable C drive partion issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Possable C drive partion issue.: He Guys, I just decided to do an image of both my PC's and noticed something strange! on one of my PC's as I expected there was a recovery partition and EFI partition as well as the main Boot drive partition all on the same SSD, great. :) However on my other PC when setting...
  6. Problems with the SSD and One Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with the SSD and One Drive: Hello, i have a problem with the OS installed on the SSD. Every day i see that i lose space in it somehow, i dont install nothing there and the programs and games are all on the HDD, what can be the problem? second question, is there a method to change the place of One Drive?...
  7. One Drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive not accessible: Cannot connect to One-Drive - keep receiving the message 'This username may be incorrect. Make sure you typed it correctly. Otherwise, contact your admin.'. I went through credential process to no avail. I can access one drive via my windows login, but not via Survey Monkey...
  8. one drive access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one drive access: Cannot access one drive says the password is wrong. The authenticator doesn't work for windows 10. Cannot update the password as it keeps going in circles, asking same questions over and over....
  9. How to Murge Partions Of SSD & HDD Hard Drives

How to Murge Partions Of SSD & HDD Hard Drives: I recently bought a new laptop with 256 GB SSD & 2TB HHD. I need to have c drive 1TB, is it possible to add space in C drive Which is made entirely of 256 GB SSD from HDD. [ATTACH]...
  10. changing drive partions evenly

changing drive partions evenly: how do I change 4 partions from being uneven to even amounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-drive-partions-evenly/bec8a926-5139-4b22-aca6-55bfa48b9d76"