Windows 10: SSD Drive Questions--Life Expected Slowly going down

Discus and support SSD Drive Questions--Life Expected Slowly going down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Have a few year old Western Digital 250gb SSD, Current Life expectedacy according to Western DIgital SSD Dashboard, now 83 Percent, was at 84... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Nov 28, 2019.

1. SSD Drive Questions--Life Expected Slowly going down

Hello

Have a few year old Western Digital 250gb SSD, Current Life expectedacy according to Western DIgital SSD Dashboard, now 83 Percent, was at 84 Percent for a long time, just wondering why it keeps going down, I try to prevent as much writes to it as i can.

Try to not have browsers open any longer than need be
    Trim ran weekly
    Programs installed on storage 1tb drive when i can

anything else i should be doing?

:)

AMDMan2016, Nov 28, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

SSD Life Left Question

There is no way of telling real life expectancy. In reality, ssd drives fail these days more often due to the interface electronics dying as drive gets old than the actual read/write life.

In simple terms drive is getting old.

Expect it to fail, and plan for that failure - best plan of course being the Tenforum mantra "regular image backups".

cereberus, Nov 28, 2019
  3. SSD Life Left Question

So are you saying my SSD with similar numbers as the OPs, is getting old and will fail soon? I only have 2TB of total writes, which is way lower than OPs. SSD Drive Questions--Life Expected Slowly going down :)

It's only 6months old and still performs as good as a brand new SSD.

I'd say, once the drive starts to get a few fail and error, then one should replace the drive (since this can escalate really fast), not just because the overall health status % is lower than 100%.

slicendice, Nov 28, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

SSD Drive Questions--Life Expected Slowly going down

CAN DEGRADE THE LIFE EXPECTATION OF SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD M.2 250GB , I ALREADY ENABLED RAPID MODE ON SEPTEMBER 2018

Hi RAJU.MSC

You have nothing to worry about

When SSD drives initially were released, the life expectancy was not great and you had to be very careful about managing the SSD

Modern SSD drives will last for many many years, and are much more reliable

Enabling Rapid Mode will have no effect on the life expectancy of your M2

The main thing with an SSD, M2 or NVMe M2 is that you make sure it is always minimum 1/4 free space and that TRIM is turned on (it is by default in Windows 10)

DaveM121, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

SSD Drive Questions--Life Expected Slowly going down

1. SSD Drive Questions--Life Expected Slowly going down - Similar Threads - SSD Drive Questions

2. Free space slowly going down?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free space slowly going down?: Hi. So my free system storage is slowly going down by 1 gig every 2 ish minutes. I have ran multiple full scans with Malwarebytes, a windows offline scan, and a rootkit detection tool. nothing, nothing, and nothing. I reset my pc, same problem. I had a blue screen of...
  3. SSD running very slowly ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD running very slowly ...: Good p.m. I have an Intel NUC mini computer with an HP SSD S700 500GB solid state drive running Windows 10. When I check the "Driver Fine Details" is shows the SSD driver provider to be Microsoft. I recently installed the version 20H2 update. I am streaming video, buffering...
  4. Windows update didn't go as expected.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update didn't go as expected.: Hi all. Today, as I was updating to windows version 2009, the update got stuck at installing 0% for quite a while. Sensing an issue, I paused the update and ran the sfc /scannow command. After which I restarted the PC. While restarting, a screen came up telling me that...
  5. windows on SSD drive questions

windows on SSD drive questions: Hi hopefully someone can help with this please... I have a device called iOTA Base that has a tiny 32 GB memory and come installed with Windows 10 home edition. The tiny memory is causing problems running windows even with all documents etc on a SD card. I am getting...
  6. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  7. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  8. Clean Installation questions and SSD drives

Clean Installation questions and SSD drives: Ive just got a new PC with a 128gb SSD and a 1 Terabyte Data drive. Ive never had an SSD drive before so this is new to me. If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive to clean install Windows 10....what are the differences to be aware of as regards...
  9. SSD Life Left Question

SSD Life Left Question: I have an older Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB-7 and noticed running CrystalDiskInfoPortable that it was at 81% life. I ran HD Sentinel and it says the SSD has 128 days left. However I ran SSD-Life and it says it has 8 years left. I also ran SsdReady and it says Approx ssd life: 7.9...
  10. SSD Remaining Life Problem

SSD Remaining Life Problem: Specs: Code: Computer: MSI GT72VR 6RE CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Skylake-H, R0) 2600 MHz (26.00x100.0) @ 3291 MHz (33.00x99.8) Motherboard: MSI MS-1785 Chipset: Intel HM170 (Skylake PCH-H) Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 1197 MHz, 17-17-17-39 - 8192 MB PC19200 DDR4 SDRAM - Kingston...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does ssd degrade from syncing with onedrive

2. ssd life expectation