Windows 10: SSD Driver

Discus and support SSD Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Samsung 970 EVO Plus and it's running Windows 10 on a Microsoft driver. Should I update to Samsung's driver?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DownTownBrown2U, Mar 9, 2022.

1. SSD Driver

I have a Samsung 970 EVO Plus and it's running Windows 10 on a Microsoft driver. Should I update to Samsung's driver?

:)

DownTownBrown2U, Mar 9, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 9, 2022
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Mar 9, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD Driver

Disappearing SSD & failing Windows Updates

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

Method 1: Updating Storage drivers

It could be an issue with the drivers that is why the SSD is not getting detected after a restart. We can try updating the drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to update the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X, to open Context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Disk drives.
    4. Right click on the driver and select Update driver.
    5. If prompted for restart, please restart the PC.

You can also go ahead and check for Storage drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website. If there are storage drivers available, please download and install them.

Method 2: Updating firmware for the SSD

This issue could occur if the latest firmware for the SSD is not installed. You can download latest firmware from the SSD manufacturer website and install it.

For update issue, I would suggest you to please refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix Windows Update errors
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Note: The above article has the steps to perform a clean install of Windows.
    You may take a backup of the data before performing a clean installation.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

SSD Driver

1. SSD Driver - Similar Threads - SSD Driver

2. No Drivers after installing new SSD and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Drivers after installing new SSD and Windows 11: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro and I upgraded the SSD from 512GB to a 1TB one. The 1T SSD had no operating system installed and was completely out of the box from the manufacturer. I then went to Microsoft's website to download a Windows 11 installation media tool...
  3. No Drivers after installing new SSD and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Drivers after installing new SSD and Windows 11: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro and I upgraded the SSD from 512GB to a 1TB one. The 1T SSD had no operating system installed and was completely out of the box from the manufacturer. I then went to Microsoft's website to download a Windows 11 installation media tool...
  4. HP laptop does not see the driver for the SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop does not see the driver for the SSD: Good afternoon I purchased an all-in-one HP Single Langwich, then I decided to reinstall Windows 11 on it in order to install my language. I downloaded it to USB from the official Windows OS website, and also downloaded the driver for the SSD by serial number from the...
  5. HP laptop does not see the driver for the SSD

HP laptop does not see the driver for the SSD: Good afternoon I purchased an all-in-one HP Single Langwich, then I decided to reinstall Windows 11 on it in order to install my language. I downloaded it to USB from the official Windows OS website, and also downloaded the driver for the SSD by serial number from the...
  6. Can’t install windows on my Kingston SSD, “No Signed drivers were found”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install windows on my Kingston SSD, “No Signed drivers were found”: I just bought a new MSI Sword 15 A11UD. It has Kingston OM8PDP3512B-AI1 SSD. I can't install Windows 10 or Windows 11 on the new SSD. When I go to select a drive it says “No Signed drivers were found”. I've tried to find solution but none seems to work....
  7. Can’t install windows on my Kingston SSD, “No Signed drivers were found”

Can’t install windows on my Kingston SSD, “No Signed drivers were found”: I just bought a new MSI Sword 15 A11UD. It has Kingston OM8PDP3512B-AI1 SSD. I can't install Windows 10 or Windows 11 on the new SSD. When I go to select a drive it says “No Signed drivers were found”. I've tried to find solution but none seems to work....
  8. Replacing HDD wit SSD and drivers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing HDD wit SSD and drivers.: I am trying to replace an HDD drive with an SSD drive. I have replaced the drives, I used the media creation tool to create a bootable flash drive and then installed Windows 10 on the machine. It has gotten to the point where it says: "A media driver your computer needs is...
  9. Replacing HDD wit SSD and drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD wit SSD and drivers.: I am trying to replace an HDD drive with an SSD drive. I have replaced the drives, I used the media creation tool to create a bootable flash drive and then installed Windows 10 on the machine. It has gotten to the point where it says: "A media driver your computer needs is...
  10. Replacing HDD wit SSD and drivers.