Windows 10: SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

Discus and support SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two 2T SSD drives that disappear only after a restart. I need to use the shut down option to make them reappear. I have checked the bios after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TerryMcKenzie2, Jun 24, 2021.

1. SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

I have two 2T SSD drives that disappear only after a restart. I need to use the shut down option to make them reappear. I have checked the bios after the restart and the drives are not showing up in the bios. Once I do a shutdown and power the computer back up, both drives are back in the bios and work properly. This happens every time the computer does a restart. Not sure why the restart is removing the drives. Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a good fix?

:)

TerryMcKenzie2, Jun 24, 2021

2. D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?

so this started about last night just finished dinner went back to my pc and noticed that a few windows and apps had closed, went into file explorer and noticed that D and E drive are missing, restarted my pc the drives returned but then they disappeared
    randomly. tried disk managment but that didnt seem to help like it only showed disk 0 which includes C drive and nothing else when the D and E drive disappeared. does anyone have any solutions for this?

ClumsyBaron, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Martmcd Win User
    D and E drives

Hi johnmansfield

what sort of media are D and E drives? DVD/CD, HDD, SSD etc.

did you look in disk management?

also look in device manager

right click on start, select device manager

are there any unknow devices or problems reported?

if D & E drives are DVD, expand DVD/CDROM drives

right click on each and select uninstall

close device manager and restart

windows will reinstall them.

Martmcd, Jun 24, 2021
  4. KR1021 Win User

SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

1. SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart. - Similar Threads - SSD drives disappearing

2. Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart: Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after i restarted my computer, only the ones from steam didn't. Most of them were from xbox game pass but some were from epic. Is there anyway to fix this is some sort of capacity. I even booted up a backup of the drive and it didn't...
  3. Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart: Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after i restarted my computer, only the ones from steam didn't. Most of them were from xbox game pass but some were from epic. Is there anyway to fix this is some sort of capacity. I even booted up a backup of the drive and it didn't...
  4. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  5. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  6. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. D drive disappears then reappears after restart

D drive disappears then reappears after restart: My D drive keeps on disappearing after boot then reappearing after restart. I've already contacted microsoft support multiple times and all of their solutions only worked for a few days at best. Is there any way to prevent D drive from disappearing again?...
  8. D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?

D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?: so this started about last night just finished dinner went back to my pc and noticed that a few windows and apps had closed, went into file explorer and noticed that D and E drive are missing, restarted my pc the drives returned but then they disappeared randomly. tried disk...
  9. My partitions E and D disappeared!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My partitions E and D disappeared!: hi guys yesterday I was looking at my files and noticed that partition E and D were gone. I thought they didn't load properly so I just restarted my laptop. Still nothing. I checked the disk management and nothing they were not even hidden or unlocated. [ATTACH] I have...
  10. D and E drives

D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix ssd after sudden shutdown windows 10