Windows 10: SSD Drives

Discus and support SSD Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think the make matters little. I own a whole collection of SSDs from Intel to Mushkin. I cannot really observe any differences. If any, I like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zplugger, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Word Man Win User

SSD Drives

Thanks. I have a whole collection of 2 Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB drives - LOL. Am bearing your advice in mind now that I've bought all the RAM our 3 machines can hold from Crucial (yeah, brand may not matter much there. either).*Smile

Word Man, Jan 15, 2016
  2. 24C
    24c Win User

Thanks whs - good to know. Just checked them out on Newegg - good ratings - good speed - good price.

3. WHS
    whs Win User
    I got mine from Newegg also.

4. 24C
    24c Win User

SSD Drives

Never an issue with defects/returns or anything else - Customer service is the best.

5. doorules Win User
    No issues with the 950 and drivers for W10. Just be sure your mobo supports M2 socket at x4 pcie lanes so as to get maximum performance from the drive. There are adapters you can get to plug directly into pci if no M2 socket on board.

doorules, Jan 16, 2016
  6. zplugger Win User
    So I could do this with older board,just get a PCI adapter to M2 Socket .Have a older system with Q9650,maybe get another year out of it before upgrade.

zplugger, Jan 16, 2016
  7. 24C
    24c Win User
    Check mobo/cpu specs - my GUESS is the 950 will NOT work on an older board.

8. bobkn Win User

SSD Drives

Maybe. Is the system bootable from a PCI-E drive?

I have an m2 Plextor M6e in a PCI-E adapter in my older system. Works well. It's an X79 system, though.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SSD Drives

1. SSD Drives - Similar Threads - SSD Drives

2. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  3. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  4. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  5. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  6. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD: When I open file explorer and try to open a specific drive SSD it just says “Working on it…” indefinitely. This all started when I was deleting large files off of it to clear up space. I can still view the drive’s properties and all that, I just can’t access anything on it. I...
  8. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  9. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  10. how do i increase drive C on SSD with RAW primary partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i increase drive C on SSD with RAW primary partition?: hello. i recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 using SSD. my SSD was 240GB but the new drive that added to my disk is just 97GB. also my C driveSSD is almost full. after searching on internet for my problem i found that in disk managment, i have a 125GB RAW basic data...