Windows 10: SSD either dead/dying or messed up. Please help

Discus and support SSD either dead/dying or messed up. Please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Bought a used SSD some 2 months ago and it was fine on all health testing apps like Disk Sentinel etc, and it worked perfectly fine until now. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/durrburger93, Nov 28, 2020.

1. SSD either dead/dying or messed up. Please help

Bought a used SSD some 2 months ago and it was fine on all health testing apps like Disk Sentinel etc, and it worked perfectly fine until now. This morning out of nowhere, it started maxing out 100% usage, and my PC became barely usable even though this is a secondary drive and not the one with Windows on it.

After that, I tried to restart and barely managed to turn the PC on with the drive plugged in. Now, whenever I'm in Windows, it's at 100% usage in task manager, whenever I open file explorer it takes a few minutes to load, and then this drive (D) vanishes from the menu until I unplug and replug it. So I can't interact with it through the explorer in any way.

I tried to format it via CMD diskpart but I got the "DiskPart has encountered an error. The media is write protected" every time. Found a suggestion on a few websites to "attributes disk clear readonly", and after I try that it says that it has cleared it up successfully, but I'm still getting the write-protected error and can't reformat the disk.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

submitted by /u/durrburger93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/durrburger93, Nov 28, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool SSD either dead/dying or messed up. Please help :cool:

jmcslob, Nov 28, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 28, 2020
  4. mstenholm Win User

SSD either dead/dying or messed up. Please help

Is my SSD dead?

It happened about a month ago so I'm can't remember the exact details of how it died. I think I restarted the PC and the message was there I had no OS. Today I popped in my mirrored HD and was up running. I hocked up the SSD and restarted the PC but no sign of the SSD. Power is on (Zalman “hot swap” case has a power LED for each disk). I tried to find it in DOS but the drive is no where to be found. Any suggestions for a next step? It 1½ month past RMA but the important thing is to retrieve some of the files.

Transcend 120 GB, part of the Noisy one in my sig

mstenholm, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

SSD either dead/dying or messed up. Please help

1. SSD either dead/dying or messed up. Please help - Similar Threads - SSD either dead

2. I messed up. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  3. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  4. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  5. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

Please Help Display Is Messed Up: I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was...
  6. Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help)

Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help): [ATTACH] Has anyone had where the dropdown (to print, find, etc) is showing up above the screen when you click it and the browser (I am using Chrome) is maximized. This is what it looks like:...
  7. I messed up all the services - please help

I messed up all the services - please help: So this afternoon I was messing around with my dell win10 laptop, and using task manager to close all the tasks I thought I didn't need. However, this caused a couple of problems: My audio was gone Internet (network status and probably more) has disappeared Microsoft Teams...
  8. Please help! Is my SSD dying??!??

Please help! Is my SSD dying??!??: I am having some strange stuttering isssues right now. And I wonder, could a dying SSD cause stuttering issues? Here is what CrystalDiskInfo reports: https://imgur.com/a/qcU7DiX . submitted by /u/Stable_Orange_Genius [link] [comments]...
  9. PC always boots to BIOS (SSD dead / dying)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC always boots to BIOS (SSD dead / dying): Hi, I left my Windows 10 Pro PC alone for an hour or two a couple of nights ago. When I came back to it it had frozen. Totally unresponsive (but screen still displaying). I can't remember if I just used the power button to switch off, or actually turned it off at the PSU,...
  10. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Messed up Bios settings. Please help: I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down. Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows...