Windows 10: SSD failed overnight whilst PC was on sleep and it caused some problems. 2. is uncorrelated

Discus and support SSD failed overnight whilst PC was on sleep and it caused some problems. 2. is uncorrelated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows now can't detect anything plugged into the back audio ports I'm thinking its a motherboard issue - but I don't know anything.Successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DMM Mitchell, May 27, 2021.

1. SSD failed overnight whilst PC was on sleep and it caused some problems. 2. is uncorrelated

Windows now can't detect anything plugged into the back audio ports I'm thinking its a motherboard issue - but I don't know anything.Successfully reinstalled Windows onto spare hard drive on which I did no backups on sooo stupid and got a new SSD. I download Windows onto a USB stick and after multiple reformattings and different partitions, Windows finally starts installing on the SSD. One problem, it doesn't work. I can even select the "Boot from different OS" option with my hard drive unplugged but it just starts going through the Windows installation process again after it goes through

:)

DMM Mitchell, May 27, 2021

2. Waking PC up from sleep mode causes a reboot

Problem:

I have a small group of Dell Latitude E7470 (Bios Version 1.11.3) laptops that have and sleep mode issue.

When a user closes the top cover of the laptop and puts the machine to sleep all appears normal and the power light begins to pulse. Then, when the user opens the top cover to begin using the laptop
    once again the laptop fails to wake up from sleep mode and restarts causing the user to log into the laptop each time. The laptop behaves this way regardless of the way it entered sleep mode, e.g. via the power button or from the start menu.

• The laptop power settings are defined by group policy.
    • All of the affected laptops are running Windows 10 1809 Enterprise.
    • The issue does not appear to be a user problem as the issue occurs whether or not a user signs into the laptop.
    • The bios was updated prior to imaging the laptop in the spring of 2017. v1.11.3

Troubleshooting:

The following steps have had limited success.

• Bluetooth on/off. Sometimes if we leave the Bluetooth off the issue goes away, but not always.
    • Changing what closing top cover does, e.g. change the setting of the top cover to do nothing when closed and then return the setting back to sleep when the top cover closes.
    • Swapping SSD from one computer to another identical make/model computer and then back. In this step, we move the affected SSD to another laptop and boot the computer. then log in and test sleep mode.
      at this point, the issue is not present. Then, we place the SSD back into it's the original laptop, so far, this has been successful, however, we are still not confident this is a long term fix and we would like to understand why this step would have the
      effect that it does.

Paul M_1600, May 27, 2021
  3. Desboro Win User
    Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, May 27, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

SSD failed overnight whilst PC was on sleep and it caused some problems. 2. is uncorrelated

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, May 27, 2021
Thema:

SSD failed overnight whilst PC was on sleep and it caused some problems. 2. is uncorrelated

1. SSD failed overnight whilst PC was on sleep and it caused some problems. 2. is uncorrelated - Similar Threads - SSD failed overnight

2. My SSD vanished overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD vanished overnight: Hello, I have an MSI laptop GE75 Raider with an additional SSD Crucial P1 1TB NVMe installed, and this additional drive is now nowhere to be found. It doesn't appear in any file explorer or device manager page, nor did the Intel memory tool find anything. If there are any non...
  3. My SSD vanished overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD vanished overnight: Hello, I have an MSI laptop GE75 Raider with an additional SSD Crucial P1 1TB NVMe installed, and this additional drive is now nowhere to be found. It doesn't appear in any file explorer or device manager page, nor did the Intel memory tool find anything. If there are any non...
  4. PC Overnight having massive problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Overnight having massive problems: Hello, I am an online gamer, and have a beast of a PC that shouldn't be having any issues. Seemingly overnight, I ran into some pretty severe problems. I attempted to load into a game, and got a black screen, permanent loading screen, and had to end of force shutting down...
  5. PC Overnight having massive problems

PC Overnight having massive problems: Hello, I am an online gamer, and have a beast of a PC that shouldn't be having any issues. Seemingly overnight, I ran into some pretty severe problems. I attempted to load into a game, and got a black screen, permanent loading screen, and had to end of force shutting down...
  6. Laptops crash when sleeping overnight

Laptops crash when sleeping overnight: Edit: I have S0 and it says "During Modern Standby, the system can stay up-to-date whenever a suitable network is available". Is it because the wifi cut off?I've found that when I close my laptop to sleep, sometimes it crashes so that when I open it in the morning, it shows...
  7. Turning on Valorant is causing my pc some problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning on Valorant is causing my pc some problems: Turning on valorant is causing my pc some problems.I am a Filipino so forgive me if my English is poor I noticed that this problem started when I changed my windows key. I thought at first that I probably bought a fake windows key but when I went to reddit I saw that there...
  8. Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?: So, I just moved from Mac to Windows 10 laptop. On my MacBook, I never did a shut down. I would simply put it to sleep overnight and then continue using it next day. I really don't want to shut down the Windows and then have all the programs load up again when I start it up...
  9. Newly Built PC freezes sometimes whilst entering sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Newly Built PC freezes sometimes whilst entering sleep: Sometimes when I click the sleep button in Windows 10, the PC just freezes up and i cannot wake it up. The mouse and keyboard become unresponsive and the LEDs in my PC all stay lit. When sleep mode works, only the RAM and Motherboard are lit. When sleep mode does not work,...
  10. Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally installed 2 administrators, which occasionally causes some problems.: In original Windows 10 Home installation, I created administrator account with my first name, and then I must have pressed the Group Membership link, which included the name in the ffist line, and then asked for afull name. I remember being confused about that, and so...