Windows 10: ssd file missing in disk management

Discus and support ssd file missing in disk management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeVU, Mar 2, 2019.

1. GeorgeVU Win User

ssd file missing in disk management

I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in my windows 10 os. It does not show up in disk management screens and trying to load the Samsung driver says that the disk in not there. How do I get the os to show this ssd disk_

:)

GeorgeVU, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue ssd file missing in disk management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Mar 2, 2019
  4. ssd file missing in disk management

Accessing Disk Management

Hi Hilary,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the Disk Management on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or some files are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Additionally, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and correct if there’s a possible integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, you
    may expand and proceed with the steps from the Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista option under the
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to access the
    Disk Management on your PC.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

ssd file missing in disk management

1. ssd file missing in disk management - Similar Threads - ssd file missing

2. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD partition missing not even found in disk management: Background: I bought this laptop a few years back, came with 1x 1TB SSD. I went ahead and split the SSD up into 2 parts, C drive for the windows essential items and D drive for everything else. Computer some times shows "location is not available" pop up at startup but a...
  3. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD partition missing not even found in disk management: Background: I bought this laptop a few years back, came with 1x 1TB SSD. I went ahead and split the SSD up into 2 parts, C drive for the windows essential items and D drive for everything else. Computer some times shows "location is not available" pop up at startup but a...
  4. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  6. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  7. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist

Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist: I recently had to wipe everything off my computer and restart because of an error code. Previously, I had Windows installed on my SSD, but now after having restarted my computer with nothing on it, I cannot find my SSD. The C: drive is for some reason my HDD, I know that...
  9. Disk Management for External SSD drive

Disk Management for External SSD drive: I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB partition. I'd like to delete this partition and reclaim the rest of my 500 GBs but nothing I do will allow this. Is this an...
  10. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...