Windows 10: SSD Folder Randomly Opening

Discus and support SSD Folder Randomly Opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just put together this new machine and for some reason Explorer keeps opening to one of my SSDs seemingly at random. The SSD is an OCZ Vertex4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by haneybd87, Dec 9, 2016.

1. haneybd87 Win User

SSD Folder Randomly Opening

So I just put together this new machine and for some reason Explorer keeps opening to one of my SSDs seemingly at random. The SSD is an OCZ Vertex4 256GB and the only thing it's used for is as a scratch drive for Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS6. This happens even when those programs aren't running. Hot plug is disabled in the BIOS for all of my drives and this is plugged into the ASMedia SATA port because my 2 other open Intel ports are taken by my Samsung 850 Evos and having my NVME drive plugged in where it is disables the other 4 Intel SATA ports. The latest Intel INF, Intel Rapid Storage drivers and ASMedia drivers from Gigabyte's website are installed. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this drive to pop up all the time?

:)

haneybd87, Dec 9, 2016
  2. illatouch Win User

Windows 10 will randomly open the Disk drive...

i had this same issue as well. it would randomly open my one of my ssd drives. i know its a setting in windows that needs to be turned off. i can't remember but it's starting to randomly open another ssd drive and i'm looking for the solution again. i
    know for sure there is a setting causing the issue.

illatouch, Dec 9, 2016
  3. Desktop folder randomly opening

Looking forward to your update.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 9, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

It might be going to sleep mode and on any activity would wake up. You can test this theory by going to your Power plan > advanced and set disk drives sleep time to never.

CountMike, Dec 9, 2016
Thema:

1. SSD Folder Randomly Opening - Similar Threads - SSD Folder Randomly

2. CMD command to open random file from selected folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD command to open random file from selected folder: When I open up C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe or CMD, how do I make it open up a random file from a selected folder? I already know how to make it open up a file from a pathway of folders, if it helps....
  3. Random Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random Folders: I keep getting what seems like hundreds of files being created in my drive. [ATTACH] I opened one of the folders, and there was a FILE file, I opened it in notepads and I saw this :[ATTACH]And this is only part of it, there is a lot more, I tried to google translate it, and...
  4. ASUS LAPTOP OPENING RANDOM FOLDERS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ASUS LAPTOP OPENING RANDOM FOLDERS: Since I've update, my computer has been opening random windows by itself. For example, i'll stop using my laptop once I go to bed, and i'll wake up to about 10 different things open; a random article pulled up on internet explorer, the Windows Store application open and on a...
  5. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: I have exactly the same very annoying problem as: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-open-in-new-windows-randomly-when-i-try-to/8d648a35-f36e-4af7-b4f2-b2bb66691839 What I've tried, but it did not help: 0. "folder options" setting set to "Open...
  6. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: When I double click on folders to open them in 50% of times folder opens in new window. [ATTACH] I think this is nothing related to my "folder options" setting. [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 1809 17763.475...
  7. cannot open user folder from my previous ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot open user folder from my previous ssd: Hi ! I bought a new computer and an adapter from SSD to USB so I can transfer the files from the ssd of my previous computer to my new one. I can access to everything on this old ssd except the most important, the user folder. Where 90% of my data is. I do not get an error...
  8. Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second: I have the following problem on my laptop, Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H 16GB RAM, that the Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds, maybe 3-5 seconds on random folders. Just happened again after I opened it and clicked c: and the content just showed up after 3 seconds or so...
  9. SSD is Slow to Open Certain Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD is Slow to Open Certain Folders: Hi, I purchase a new SSD (Samsung EVO 850) a few months ago. To open certain folders, it takes a very long time to open a folder, considering it's an SSD drive. It doesn't do with the majority of folders (even folders that contain a lot more data). I used Samsung Magician....
  10. SSD randomly disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD randomly disappears: Hi, I checked my Kingston SSD in 5 programs, and each shows the conditions is good and all tests ends with good results. Unfortunately sometimes when I turn on computer, I see in "My Computer" only letter (label) with question mark, no name of the drive. It looks like this...