Windows 10: SSD for OS and HDD for Apps and Files

Discus and support SSD for OS and HDD for Apps and Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I make it that my SSD Drive C: is dedicated entirely for the OS and system apps, and my HDD Drive D: for my apps and files. I already changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crystian Kobee Empeynado, Oct 9, 2020.

1. SSD for OS and HDD for Apps and Files

How do I make it that my SSD Drive C: is dedicated entirely for the OS and system apps, and my HDD Drive D: for my apps and files. I already changed the destination of these items to Drive D: by going to Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved, but all my downloads and newly installed applications keep getting saved to Drive C:.

I've heard that changing registry entries can cause problems for my PC, so I won't try that since this is a brand new laptop. Can anybody help me out? Thank you very much!

:)

Crystian Kobee Empeynado, Oct 9, 2020

2. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Oct 9, 2020
  3. I want to move all my files in HDD to SSD (except OS),

So we know SSD is a great for keeping files and HDD is good for OS. I want to move all my files in HDD to SSD (except OS), and make my computer continue to automatically save files to SSD while OS stays in HDD. Is this possible? If so, how? Diagrams/Photos
    would be great. Thank you.

Original title: HDD to SSD

ComedyRocks, Oct 9, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

SSD for OS and HDD for Apps and Files

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

SSD for OS and HDD for Apps and Files

1. SSD for OS and HDD for Apps and Files - Similar Threads - SSD HDD Apps

2. switching OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching OS from HDD to SSD: I dont care about any of the data on the drives, I just want to know the fastest way to switch my windows 10 from my 1tb HDD to my 240 gb SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-from-hdd-to-ssd/b1ae418e-cf78-4019-9797-810bc531bfd6
  3. switching OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching OS from HDD to SSD: I dont care about any of the data on the drives, I just want to know the fastest way to switch my windows 10 from my 1tb HDD to my 240 gb SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-from-hdd-to-ssd/b1ae418e-cf78-4019-9797-810bc531bfd6
  4. switching OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  6. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  7. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

Transfering OS from HDD to SSD: I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a clean installation on my...
  9. OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS from HDD to SSD: I’m trying to migrate my operating system from the HDD to SSD however when I choose, which one I want it to go to( the ssd) it says cannot use source disk. This doesn’t make any sense because windows folder is clearly on the HDD and I use the HDD as a boot drive so I can not...
  10. Transfer OS From HDD to SSD

Transfer OS From HDD to SSD: I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 Home Edition. My present Hard Drive is very slow HDD. Now I want to use a new SSD and want to reinstall this original OS to my new SSD. But I have lost my Product Key. What is the process. Thanks....