Windows 10: SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds

Discus and support SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I finished building my PC in early October, I quickly encountered the issue that my image and, most of the time, my sound too, freezes for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisH, Nov 26, 2019.

1. ChrisH Win User

SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds

Ever since I finished building my PC in early October, I quickly encountered the issue that my image and, most of the time, my sound too, freezes for a couple of seconds, then everything works as usual again.
    I researched that issue since it first happened and tried every solution I could find but to no avail. I have reinstalled Win10 but kept my data, because I want to avoid having to reinstall tons of software, etc. So I want to keep, completely wiping my system and reinstalling everything, as a last resort.

I don't know what I could try to fix the issue, without having to either install Win10 to another SSD or to reinstall Win10 completely. The SSD is a Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, and I ordered it with the other components for the PC, so it is a new one and wasn't in use before. Since Win10 updated multiple times since it first began and no update changed anything about the issue, I don't think a Windows Version number is possible to provide. Though, I am currently on Version 1903.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope the issue is resolved soon.

:)

ChrisH, Nov 26, 2019

2. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Nov 26, 2019
  3. InhexSTER Win User
    PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Nov 26, 2019
  4. SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds

SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds

Hi, recently I bought a SSD (Kingston SA400S37480G) and installed Windows 10 in it. But, sometimes, the Task Manager shows a 100% usage of it, even though nothing is running or the usage is very low for it to freeze. Then, I have to wait a few seconds
    for Windows to come back.

It is really bothering me, because I use my PC to play online games and I get impaired for a few seconds in the middle of a match, for example, which affects my performance. I used to have Windows installed in my HDD and no freezes like these used to happen.

My drivers for the SSD are in AHCI, the BIOS is also configured to AHCI, the system event log does not contain any events with Event ID 129, and I have already ran the '' DISM.exe
    /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth'' and the ''sfc /scannow'' commands and there were no errors.

Can someone help me?

Sincerely.

Gui_Moreira, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds

1. SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds - Similar Threads - SSD freezes every

2. Online games freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online games freezes every few seconds: So this issue came when i installed new modem router archer vr400. Problem is that internet works well on other devices and on my computer as well Its not perfect but it lags much less than in online games. Its just the online games that keep freezing over and over to the...
  3. Online games freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online games freezes every few seconds: So this issue came when i installed new modem router archer vr400. Problem is that internet works well on other devices and on my computer as well Its not perfect but it lags much less than in online games. Its just the online games that keep freezing over and over to the...
  4. Brand new computer lags and freezes for a few seconds every now and then

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new computer lags and freezes for a few seconds every now and then: Hello, I have recently built a gaming computer. The issue I am having is the computer will randomly freeze and lock up with programs not responding but I am able to move the mouse. This extends to things like task manager and windows event viewer. The problem is most...
  5. Brand new computer lags and freezes for a few seconds every now and then

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new computer lags and freezes for a few seconds every now and then: Hello, I have recently built a gaming computer. The issue I am having is the computer will randomly freeze and lock up with programs not responding but I am able to move the mouse. This extends to things like task manager and windows event viewer. The problem is most...
  6. Brand new computer lags and freezes for a few seconds every now and then

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  8. My computer freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer freezes every few seconds: My computer freezes every few seconds, and i don't know solution how to fix it. Has it ever happend to someone, and do you know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-every-few-seconds/09e64bf0-1871-48e9-a59b-cf3044ee7e52
  9. Window 10 freezes every few seconds.

Window 10 freezes every few seconds.: Window 10 freezes every few seconds. After 5 minutes, window 10 begins to freeze please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-freezes-every-few-seconds/51d9b5b3-15b6-452f-b2ae-39675bac96cc
  10. My Mouse freezes every few seconds

My Mouse freezes every few seconds: I do not know why but my mouse keeps freezing every few seconds for about 0.5 seconds. I have updated all my drivers and have looked at multiple videos, but nothing. Can you please help me on this?...