Windows 10: ssd freezing

Discus and support ssd freezing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so basically I'm having an issue here like my laptop starts to freeze and lag and hold when i open tabs on a browser or run any sort of program idk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sadelic, Nov 6, 2020.

1. sadelic Win User

ssd freezing

so basically I'm having an issue here like my laptop starts to freeze and lag and hold when i open tabs on a browser or run any sort of program idk whats the problem i tried downloading the link power management but it still is not helping and also sometimes when i unplug its charger it doesn't freeze or anything it just gets slower but better then freezing

:)

sadelic, Nov 6, 2020

2. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Divin3 Win User
    Windows 10 hangs/freezes on Restart

If this happens even during installation, that means that it is probably a hardware issue. To troubleshoot the problem, I suggest doing the following steps:

1. Install Hard Disk Sentinel and use it to check your HDD/SSD for problems.
    2. Use MemTest to make sure that your RAM is ok. Here is a how to - guide.

After You done these two steps, give a feedback of the results.

Divin3, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

ssd freezing

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

ssd freezing

1. ssd freezing - Similar Threads - ssd freezing

2. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  3. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  4. ssd usage spiking causing freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd usage spiking causing freeze: my ssd usage keeps spiking to 100 percent quite randomly and it causes the screen to freeze. it happens every 10 to 15 seconds as long as im doing an activity or moving around my cursor etc. i have reinstalled windows , my disc health is at 100 percent, i have done a clean...
  5. ssd usage spiking causing freeze

ssd usage spiking causing freeze: my ssd usage keeps spiking to 100 percent quite randomly and it causes the screen to freeze. it happens every 10 to 15 seconds as long as im doing an activity or moving around my cursor etc. i have reinstalled windows , my disc health is at 100 percent, i have done a clean...
  6. SSD Lagging And Freeze Power Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Lagging And Freeze Power Crash: my laptop has fastest ssd and got slowed like its gonna broked do it.and i sleep it power and frozen it it goes black and bsod received.it said stop code "internal power error" i have slow ssd one....
  7. SSD Lagging And Freeze Power Crash

SSD Lagging And Freeze Power Crash: my laptop has fastest ssd and got slowed like its gonna broked do it.and i sleep it power and frozen it it goes black and bsod received.it said stop code "internal power error" i have slow ssd one....
  8. Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...: I bought a brand new desktop with Windows 11 pro and I still have an older laptop with Windows 10 that works fine. The new desktop specifications: Asus Rog crosshair X670E hero, AMD Ryzen 9 7900, MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X E 12G OC, 2 x 1 TB Samsung internal SSD drives....
  9. Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...: I bought a brand new desktop with Windows 11 pro and I still have an older laptop with Windows 10 that works fine. The new desktop specifications: Asus Rog crosshair X670E hero, AMD Ryzen 9 7900, MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X E 12G OC, 2 x 1 TB Samsung internal SSD drives....
  10. Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...