Windows 10: SSD gone?

Discus and support SSD gone? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a SSD that has gone missing. It shows it in device manager but nowhere else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Theswed82, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Theswed82 Win User

SSD gone?

I have a SSD that has gone missing. It shows it in device manager but nowhere else.

:)

Theswed82, Sep 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD gone? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 13, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

SSD gone?

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

SSD gone?

1. SSD gone? - Similar Threads - SSD gone

2. Trying to update my SSD with a new SSD - cloning gone wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to update my SSD with a new SSD - cloning gone wrong: I tried to update my SSD with a new SDD.I cloned the old drive and then tried to boot up the new SSD which didn't work - blue screen on booting windows.Going back to the original drive I have now lost permissions to login to apps such as Teams, outlook, and office.Also I...
  3. Trying to update my SSD with a new SSD - cloning gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update my SSD with a new SSD - cloning gone wrong: I tried to update my SSD with a new SDD.I cloned the old drive and then tried to boot up the new SSD which didn't work - blue screen on booting windows.Going back to the original drive I have now lost permissions to login to apps such as Teams, outlook, and office.Also I...
  4. After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone: I am Agus, my laptop is Lenovo Legion 5. When i was playing valorant, i open the chrome and watch a youtuber doing a live, and then suddenly my laptop went bluescreen and restarted. After restart, my secondary SSD was gone with all the file inside of it. I already did what...
  5. After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone: I am Agus, my laptop is Lenovo Legion 5. When i was playing valorant, i open the chrome and watch a youtuber doing a live, and then suddenly my laptop went bluescreen and restarted. After restart, my secondary SSD was gone with all the file inside of it. I already did what...
  6. After Bluescreen, my secondary SSD is gone

7. HDD to SSD clone gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD clone gone wrong: I've recently jus tried to clone the data from my original HDD, clone all the files on the hard drive to my SSD. This being a new crucial SSD with no previously installed data. After completing this process my pc was shut down, and upon relaunching i came across issues. It...
  8. HDD to SSD clone gone wrong

HDD to SSD clone gone wrong: I've recently jus tried to clone the data from my original HDD, clone all the files on the hard drive to my SSD. This being a new crucial SSD with no previously installed data. After completing this process my pc was shut down, and upon relaunching i came across issues. It...
  9. SSD Gone after network and sharing option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Gone after network and sharing option?: So, i was playing a game, and it froze. I opened my task manager and tried ending the program. When i clicked on End Task, the program would not close, and instead the task manager closed. A pop up about something about Network and sharing popped up, and i clicked on it. I...
  10. SSD Gone after network and sharing option?

SSD Gone after network and sharing option?: So, i was playing a game, and it froze. I opened my task manager and tried ending the program. When i clicked on End Task, the program would not close, and instead the task manager closed. A pop up about something about Network and sharing popped up, and i clicked on it. I...