Windows 10: SSD has 3 MBR's . Is this normal?

Discus and support SSD has 3 MBR's . Is this normal? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Friends, Not sure if this is normal or maybe I did something to make another MBR. I know have 3 MDR on my boot SSD and want to know if this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winxp, Jul 16, 2020.

1. winxp Win User

SSD has 3 MBR's . Is this normal?

Hi Friends,
    Not sure if this is normal or maybe I did something to make another MBR.
    I know have 3 MDR on my boot SSD and want to know if this is normal or did I do something in the the past when I recovered from a mirror image?
    Can anyone help and explain?
    Should I reformat and reinstall my mirror image from the past?

THe reason I ask is that startup time has increased and I just noticed and started looking why.

Running Win 10 64 bit off of a Samsung EVO 250 gb SSD

:)

winxp, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Cerawy Win User

Windows has split my ssd in several partions

It says that mbr is the type of partition. I just did the steps that navy suggested.

It works, thanks.

Cerawy, Jul 16, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD has 3 MBR's . Is this normal? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. SSD has 3 MBR's . Is this normal? - Similar Threads - SSD has MBR's

2. Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT: Hi everyone, and hope you are all having a good day.I have a Dell Laptop which I recently installed a Kingston SSD into. I've been trying to change the drive from MBR to GPT for a few days now, and nothing seems to be working. I've tried running the command multiple times...
  3. Boot error fix mbr error 3?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot error fix mbr error 3?: So I am trying to fix my computer yesterday with my file storage, and when i open my computer i get an error fix mbr error 3 ? How to solve this ? I cant go back thank you....
  4. Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD: Hello, I've read the Basic and Dynamic notes from MS here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...DN#basic_disks and this is what I'd like to achieve - I think. Screenshot of MS MBR layout [img] But I've made a mistake in my installing win10 to a brand new SSD, in that I...
  5. is this a normal temperature for a new ssd !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is this a normal temperature for a new ssd !!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/abdelbskoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kk1eiu/is_this_a_normal_temperature_for_a_new_ssd/
  6. SSD, windows 10, and MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD, windows 10, and MBR: So recently i built a new computer and have an SSD with a win 10 install on it, as well as 3 other HDDs one with 4tb Unallocated, another 4tb that is already partitioned with gPT, and one with 1 tb. However the same thing always happens, even if that 4tb is completely...
  7. Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jazzzy990 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaukb3/is_this_normal_new_nvme_ssd/
  8. SSD trim on an MBR install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD trim on an MBR install: I currently see 3 drives in 'optimize drives' as follows: C: , System Reserved which I assume has the boot tables and stuff, and what appears to be a network drive displayed \\?Volume{8ebc5064-0000-0000- etc. In Disk Management I have the System Reserve partition and C:...
  9. MBR Problem on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR Problem on SSD: Hi to all, I am new here, i just want to ask if there's anyone can help me. How can i possible do this kind of setup.. MBR (system partition) - will be installed on Drive C:\ (SSD) Operating system - will be installed on Drive D:\ (SATA) Because i always...
  10. MBR has moved from C:

in Windows 10 Support
    MBR has moved from C:: I found out by chance that my system files have moved from my C: drive to a small 2.5 inch HDD that i salvaged from an old laptop and used as a backup drive. Here's a screen shot of Disk Management if it helps. [img] How do I restore my system and MBR to C: on...