Windows 10: SSD Help

Discus and support SSD Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay SO I managed to install Windows 10 on my SSD for my computer. However I noticed that its been giving me this event ID 10 error on boot it reads as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Redbatman, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

SSD Help

Okay SO I managed to install Windows 10 on my SSD for my computer. However I noticed that its been giving me this event ID 10 error on boot it reads as the following.

A TCG Command has returned an error.
    Desc: AuthenticateSession
    Param1: 0x1
    Param2: 0x60000001C
    Param3: 0x900000006
    Param4: 0x0

What does this mean did I do something wrong.

Someone told me this may have to due with encryption from the SSD?

:)

Redbatman, Dec 29, 2017

2. When I run optimization on my SSD, it says trimmed. Is that ok

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Yes, SSD’s shouldn’t be defragmented and since the SSD says Trimmed, it means that the SSD drive is optimized and in perfect condition.

TRIM makes sure that your SSD performance doesn't degrade with use, and keeps it as fast as new.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 29, 2017
  3. MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM (Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 ...... using SSD as Primary Drive (existing 8.1 Pro Win installed)

Hello Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to connect the SSD using extendable USB cable and connect to a Windows 10 installed computer and check if it detects the SSD.

Also, Windows 7 device cannot detect the SSD because the files wouldn't be supported.

If the SSD is being detected, I suggest you to back-up the data and format the SSD.

If SSD is not being detected I suggest you to clean install Windows 8.1 as you will be loosing all the data on the drive.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2017
  4. SSD Help

Hi Redbatman.

Likely you found this article but just in case I thought I would post. The codes are so very close.

http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial...or/td-p/149506

I read your words, when you say you managed to get Windows 10 installed it kind of sounds like you had issues. Was this a clean install using the TenForums tutorial or was this a "Clone".

Clean Install Windows 10

Did you ever use Bitlocker? The article is pages long. Has different ideas.

If this was a clean install it may be simpler and faster to re-install and take your time. Since you are placing on new SSD I think I would delete all existing partitions so nothing gets carried forward. It is all outlined in tutorial, think it is step 13. I would also reference your MB manual for settings particular to your board.

Other members will have other solutions so may wish to see their answers.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Redbatman Win User
    It was a clean install no cloning, Brand new install I used a Window Media creation usb to do it.

Also Custom Built Desktop.

Redbatman, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SSD Help

1. SSD Help - Similar Threads - SSD Help

2. Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data "

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data ": Hey I needed some help to to fix my external SSD without losing any data on it .Let me explain how all this started at first I wasn't able to delete any files on my external SSD so I tried every method likes changing its properties: attributes: , ownership.... in the end I...
  3. Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data ": Hey I needed some help to to fix my external SSD without losing any data on it .Let me explain how all this started at first I wasn't able to delete any files on my external SSD so I tried every method likes changing its properties: attributes: , ownership.... in the end I...
  4. Needed help to fix " unallocated external SSD without losing data "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need help with my new SSD. cyclic redundancy check error upon initialization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my new SSD. cyclic redundancy check error upon initialization.: I bought a brand new Samsung 870 EVO SSD this afternoon and ran home to install it, only to get a CRC data error.I returned that SSD and got another 870 SSD and am having the same issue with the second drive. The drive shows up in BIOS and disk management, but not my file...
  6. I need help with my new SSD. cyclic redundancy check error upon initialization.

I need help with my new SSD. cyclic redundancy check error upon initialization.: I bought a brand new Samsung 870 EVO SSD this afternoon and ran home to install it, only to get a CRC data error.I returned that SSD and got another 870 SSD and am having the same issue with the second drive. The drive shows up in BIOS and disk management, but not my file...
  7. I need help with my new SSD. cyclic redundancy check error upon initialization.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  9. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  10. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging