Windows 10: SSD in Desktop

Discus and support SSD in Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm about to upgrade my XP64 Desktop to Win10. I was hoping to upgrade the hardware at the same time. Any drawbacks to putting a SSD drive in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soapm, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

SSD in Desktop

I'm about to upgrade my XP64 Desktop to Win10. I was hoping to upgrade the hardware at the same time. Any drawbacks to putting a SSD drive in a desktop? It currently has 3 6gb/s SATA drives but I love the way the SSD works on my new laptop.

It looks like SSD drives only come in 2.5 form factor is why I'm asking. It's like their not made for desktops???

:)

Soapm, Feb 28, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 28, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

SSD in Desktop

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD in Desktop :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

SSD in Desktop

1. SSD in Desktop - Similar Threads - SSD Desktop

2. Connect NVMe SSD to old desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect NVMe SSD to old desktop: Hi I have an old 2013ish desktop rig, which still serves me well for office and multimedia purposes and I have a new NVMe SSD drive primarily seen in use with new notebooks but for now I would like to use it in my desktop. I do not have the required slot as far as I am...
  3. Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop: I have a laptop with a 2.5 inch 128gb SSD. This SSD has windows 10 on it along with a number of other programs, files, etc. I would like to take the SSD out of my laptop and install it in my desktop, which already has its own SSD in it with windows 10 installed. So my...
  4. Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons takes time to load up on Ssd: Hey Everyone, I am currently facing an issue that's frustating me from past few days. I have installed my windows 10 on an m.2 Samsung 860 evo Sata Ssd (250 GB) using Legacy Bios. My problem is that ever since the ssd boots windows it does boot my pc to desktop in about 13...
  5. 2.5" Samsung EVO SSD, will it work on a desktop PC power-sata cables?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2.5" Samsung EVO SSD, will it work on a desktop PC power-sata cables?: I was thinking of buying a 2.5" SSD. Do they just plug into the same cables as a 3.5" hard drive? 124350
  6. new disk ssd and new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    new disk ssd and new desktop: I want my old Desktop back but i dont want do download all the stuff on my ssd (Windows 10 pro ) so if there is a way to linkt the old desktop to the new one please tell me thankts !...
  7. Install ssd directly into open SATA slot on desktop for cloning

Install ssd directly into open SATA slot on desktop for cloning: I have been replacing the HDD with SSD on machines with only a single HDD Drive so DATA to USB cable is required. For a desktop with several HDD drives in addition to the Boot drive , I should be able to connect the target SSD directly to an open SATA slot in the Mobo and...
  8. Cloning 250 ssd to 500 ssd on desktop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning 250 ssd to 500 ssd on desktop: As the title say's Is there anything I should look out for, any problems that might rear their ugly heads. My windows 10 runs fine, I don't want to upset the apple cart so to speak. 117025
  9. Cloning 250 ssd to 500 ssd on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning 250 ssd to 500 ssd on desktop: As the title say's Is there anything I should look out for, any problems that might rear their ugly heads. My windows 10 runs fine, I don't want to upset the apple cart so to speak. 117025
  10. Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive: I have an XPS 8910 with a 1TB HDD and would like to install a 256GB SSD which would act as a C bootup drive Can someone please explain how this is done? I have a macrium backup. Would I be able to restore W10 and my other programs to the SSD and leave the data on the...