Windows 10: SSD in Desktop

Discus and support SSD in Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm about to upgrade my XP64 Desktop to Win10. I was hoping to upgrade the hardware at the same time. Any drawbacks to putting a SSD drive in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soapm, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

SSD in Desktop

I'm about to upgrade my XP64 Desktop to Win10. I was hoping to upgrade the hardware at the same time. Any drawbacks to putting a SSD drive in a desktop? It currently has 3 6gb/s SATA drives but I love the way the SSD works on my new laptop.

It looks like SSD drives only come in 2.5 form factor is why I'm asking. It's like their not made for desktops???

:)

Soapm, Feb 28, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 28, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

SSD in Desktop

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD in Desktop :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

SSD in Desktop

1. SSD in Desktop - Similar Threads - SSD Desktop

2. Desktop PC does not boot from M.2 SSD when my secondary HDD is not installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop PC does not boot from M.2 SSD when my secondary HDD is not installed.: I have recently disassembled my desktop PC to clean it and do some cable management. I have Windows 10 Installed on an M.2 SSD, and I have another HDD on my PC that I have not used in a while. Now, whenever I try to boot my PC without the HDD, it keeps loading me into BIOS....
  3. Desktop PC does not boot from M.2 SSD when my secondary HDD is not installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop PC does not boot from M.2 SSD when my secondary HDD is not installed.: I have recently disassembled my desktop PC to clean it and do some cable management. I have Windows 10 Installed on an M.2 SSD, and I have another HDD on my PC that I have not used in a while. Now, whenever I try to boot my PC without the HDD, it keeps loading me into BIOS....
  4. Desktop PC does not boot from M.2 SSD when my secondary HDD is not installed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD: So I recently got a new laptop and I removed my OLD ssd from previous laptop because It had many files stored in desktop ad download folder which I thought I will copy to my new laptop. I got an external SSD case and connected the ssd but I cant find any desktop and documents...
  6. Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD

Files from Desktop and documents not visible in Old SSD: So I recently got a new laptop and I removed my OLD ssd from previous laptop because It had many files stored in desktop ad download folder which I thought I will copy to my new laptop. I got an external SSD case and connected the ssd but I cant find any desktop and documents...
  7. Desktop stuck on boot loading screen with ssd installed

Desktop stuck on boot loading screen with ssd installed: HiAs you probably noticed, pc WILL boot without ssd, but this issue came randomly after i restarted desktop. Ive had this setup running fine for a few weeks now. Specs: asus b760-i strix Recovery mode goes to blank screenKnown issues: when i Press the psu cpu cable it turns...
  8. Desktop stuck on boot loading screen with ssd installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop stuck on boot loading screen with ssd installed: HiAs you probably noticed, pc WILL boot without ssd, but this issue came randomly after i restarted desktop. Ive had this setup running fine for a few weeks now. Specs: asus b760-i strix Recovery mode goes to blank screenKnown issues: when i Press the psu cpu cable it turns...
  9. Desktop folder empty when using former internal SSD externally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder empty when using former internal SSD externally: Hello,my Notebook Win 11 is being repaired, so I removed the SSD to be able to keep working with my files stored there on another PC. I put the internal SSD into a case and connected it to that other PC via USB-C.On that other PC Win 10 the desktop Folder...
  10. Desktop folder empty when using former internal SSD externally

Desktop folder empty when using former internal SSD externally: Hello,my Notebook Win 11 is being repaired, so I removed the SSD to be able to keep working with my files stored there on another PC. I put the internal SSD into a case and connected it to that other PC via USB-C.On that other PC Win 10 the desktop Folder...