Windows 10: SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?

Discus and support SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My hard drive is in the red. I downloaded Windirstat to see what was going on and found that half my SSD is filled with ETL files. I researched it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by baggage1, May 12, 2019.

1. baggage1 Win User

SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?

My hard drive is in the red. I downloaded Windirstat to see what was going on and found that half my SSD is filled with ETL files. I researched it and found that they are event files that accumulate. I'm not sure if I can upgrade to a larger SSD with this machine. In any event, l shouldn't have to I would think if I can tame this problem. I did look to see if this was a problem and due to the age of the post was advised to start a new thread.

:)

baggage1, May 12, 2019

2. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, May 12, 2019
  3. Something is consuming up all my disk space...

Hi Muhammad,

Unnecessary files may consume all your disk space. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Delete unnecessary files.
    • Delete the data in the Recycle Bin.
    • Perform a clean boot. It helps eliminate software conflicts. You may refer to this

link
    • Use Disk Cleanup tool. Please check this
      link
    • Add more storage by using external drives and OneDrive.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, May 12, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space? - Similar Threads - SSD 50% consumed

2. Can't free up SSD space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't free up SSD space: I installed several games recently first valorant and when I installed it I had 124 GB free after like 2 days I uninstalled it and the free space was reduced to 112 GB. I installed witcher 3 game after that and there were some missing files after installing so I had to re...
  3. Can't free up SSD space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't free up SSD space: I installed several games recently first valorant and when I installed it I had 124 GB free after like 2 days I uninstalled it and the free space was reduced to 112 GB. I installed witcher 3 game after that and there were some missing files after installing so I had to re...
  4. How do I free up Space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I free up Space?: Back then I downloaded steam and filled up my C drive. I tried YouTube tutorials on how to free up space but it only freed up 200MB, please help me free up space especially on my C drive.And about steam, I deleted it through control panel, reinstalled it, and did not occupy...
  5. How do I free up Space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I free up Space?: Back then I downloaded steam and filled up my C drive. I tried YouTube tutorials on how to free up space but it only freed up 200MB, please help me free up space especially on my C drive.And about steam, I deleted it through control panel, reinstalled it, and did not occupy...
  6. How do I free up Space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do i free up space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i free up space?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/xptwrfxb9yx41.png?width=1586&format=png&auto=webp&s=06a70d419020c25643813c25190116454a1534db i want to free up some space in computer and did a little scan. i scanned a single file and then i opened it and scanned all together. the...
  8. how do I free up space?

how do I free up space?: I need to free up space, I've inserted a 64GB SD card but don't know what to do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-free-up-space/88ef11e4-00c1-413e-b55e-70076bc46680
  9. SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD is 50% consumed with ETL files. How do I free up that space?: My hard drive is in the red. I downloaded Windirstat to see what was going on and found that half my SSD is filled with ETL files. I researched it and found that they are event files that accumulate. I'm not sure if I can upgrade to a larger SSD with this machine. In any...
  10. ssd and hdd free up space

ssd and hdd free up space: Hello, i just bought a new laptop with two hard drives in it. i would like to use my ssd drive for editing purposes and the hdd to storrage my videos. the thing is that my ssd has the os in it and it only has 30 gb of space left. i am wondering if i could free some space on...