Windows 10: SSD is in GPT, HDD is in MBR format. Is that OK?

Discus and support SSD is in GPT, HDD is in MBR format. Is that OK? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I've purchased a Kingston 240GB SSD. I initialized the SSD in GPT, and installed Windows 10. But, when I looked my 2TB HDD partitions,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NRT, Oct 8, 2018.

1. NRT
    NRT Win User

SSD is in GPT, HDD is in MBR format. Is that OK?

Hello,

Recently I've purchased a Kingston 240GB SSD. I initialized the SSD in GPT, and installed Windows 10. But, when I looked my 2TB HDD partitions, they are in MBR format. Will there have any stability issues when the SSD is in GPT and HDD in MBR? Do I need to change my HDD to GPT for system stability?

Thank You,

:)

2. About MBR and GPT

If I want to install Windows 10, I want to know about format my thumb drive to MBR or GPT, but my laptop is Acer Aspire E5-571G with UEFI system and HDD are GPT partition style, so I need to format my thumb drive to GPT for copying windows installation
    and install it to HDD with GPT? (Note: I have Rufus for create a bootable USB drive)

BillyRazOr, Oct 8, 2018
  3. skippy258 Win User
    What is a better format for HDD over 2TB Master boot with Win 7 OS RAID... GPT vs MBR?

Hi all,
    I am going to be getting 2x SATA 3TB Toshiba SATA 6GB HDD and would like to know, what is a better format for my HDD over 2TB for master boot with win 7 OS RAID.... GPT or MBR?

I know if I format in MBR it will only be 2.4TB and if I do it in GPT Basic I might get 2.6TB on the drive but is there benefits or down falls to MBR or GPT other then I will get a little more size on these drives to use.

Thanks

skippy258, Oct 8, 2018
  4. I-ON Win User

Benefits of UEFI/GPT boot disk vs. MBR for Windows 10

Hi

I just upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64bit from Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit that was installed on MBR formatted 250MB SSD. As I'd like to create bootable copy on USB and do a clean install of Windows 10 I was wondering whether I should keep using MBR format
    or Windows 10 would actually benefit more from GPT formatted SSD. My Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard comes with UEFI BIOS. So are there any benefits of using GPT format for Windows 10 vs. MBR format or will I potentially cause more problems managing and
    troubleshooting system with GPT drive? And then what format should I use for my 1TB HDD where I keep my data?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

I-ON, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD is in GPT, HDD is in MBR format. Is that OK? - Similar Threads - SSD GPT HDD

2. Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR": Hello y'all i just wanted to ask if there is any kind of way to convert your ssd format from "GPT" to "MBR" safely without losing any data? i would appreciate anybody who can answer me....
  3. Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR": Hello y'all i just wanted to ask if there is any kind of way to convert your ssd format from "GPT" to "MBR" safely without losing any data? i would appreciate anybody who can answer me....
  4. Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ugrading my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ugrading my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD: Hi I need help. I spent an entire day trying to figure this out only to fail so I need help. I want to upgrade my 1TB MBR HDD to a 4TB GPT SSD. What I have: Partitions in order 1TB MBR HDD: System Reserved 500MB, (C:) 930GB, Recovery Partition 482MB 4TB GPT SSD: Unformatted...
  6. 2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??

2TB HDD format to MBR or GPT??: I just got a new 2TB HHD and i want to know which partition style i need to use MBR or GPT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2tb-hdd-format-to-mbr-or-gpt/672f2d14-e381-4682-9f1b-9b89f016c52f
  7. MBR or GPT Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MBR or GPT Format: Greetings, Which is the recommended format to use on my new hdd? GPT or MBR? As GPT always have extra partitions when install Windows 10. I don't really like to have these partitions on my hdd. If I use MBR format, will my other hdds (2 X 4TB) in GPT be available to use?...
  8. MBR or GPT Format

in Windows 10 Support
    MBR or GPT Format: Greetings, Which is the recommended format to use on my new hdd? GPT or MBR? As GPT always have extra partitions when install Windows 10. I don't really like to have these partitions on my hdd. If I use MBR format, will my other hdds (2 X 4TB) in GPT be available to use?...
  9. Format mbr external drive to gpt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format mbr external drive to gpt: I was recently instructed how to format a GPT external drive to MBR.It was 4 terabytes and now is only 2 terabytes.I understand why because it was explained on this site.What I would like to know is can I format it back to MBR so I can get the 4 terabytes back.Hope I...
  10. Something changed SSD format from GPT to MBR

Something changed SSD format from GPT to MBR: Updated from W10 1508 to the anniversary edition early this year - 250gb SSD as main drive, and system clone on a 750gb SSD/HDD hybrid, both GPT format. After a month or so the OS on the SSD crashed, and I could not re-load W10. Was told that the drive was formatted MBR....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop is basic gpt but my hdd is mbr is this a problem