Windows 10: SSD is incredibly slow on Windows 10

Discus and support SSD is incredibly slow on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 10 Build 18363.778 using CrystalDiskMark8, my Samsung NVMe 970 500GB SSD hits about 3500 MBs/2500 MBs sequential read/write. When I copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RND53, Dec 29, 2020.

1. RND53 Win User

SSD is incredibly slow on Windows 10

On Windows 10 Build 18363.778 using CrystalDiskMark8, my Samsung NVMe 970 500GB SSD hits about 3500 MBs/2500 MBs sequential read/write. When I copy 51GB worth of photos and movies from one folder to another ON THE SAME DRIVE, the transfer speed shown by File Explorer never goes above 5 MBs and the time to transfer is over 10 HOURS. This is absurd, something is clearly wrong, I just don't know what. I get the same transfer speed when copying from the SSD to a hybrid HDD. The DiskMark speed is lightning fast so SSD firmware is not the problem. Any help would be *greatly* appreciated. Thanks, Rick.

:)

RND53, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 incredibly slow boot times.

Hi,

After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my computer suffers from incredibly slow boot times.

It boots to a black screen with white loading circle in the middle, I have timed it and it takes 5 minutes plus to reach the logon screen from the black screen.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem?

Thank you.

KITCHELL_Z, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. SSD is incredibly slow on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SSD incredibly slow

2. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds: Hello,Last year I upgraded my laptop’s 1tb HDD to a 256gb Samsung Evo SSD. It was working flawlessly. However, recently for no apparent reason, the WiFi speeds got so painfully slow 0.15 mbps down from 30.00 mbps on WiFi that it’s impossible to do anything on it now. I...
  3. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds: Hello,Last year I upgraded my laptop’s 1tb HDD to a 256gb Samsung Evo SSD. It was working flawlessly. However, recently for no apparent reason, the WiFi speeds got so painfully slow 0.15 mbps down from 30.00 mbps on WiFi that it’s impossible to do anything on it now. I...
  4. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Incredibly Slow After Upgrade

Windows 10 Incredibly Slow After Upgrade: Hello, community!I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and the operating system is chugging along at an incredibly slow pace. Opening tabs, moving the mouse, heck even the sounds coming out of the speaker are lagging and sounding eerily glitchy. I'm not even...
  6. Incredibly slow PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incredibly slow PC: A couple of weeks ago my PC wasnt able to start due to a problem during booting. I couldnt fix it so instead I decided to do a clean install of windows on my second SSD. I didnt really format that one I just installed windows onto it via stick and troubleshoot. I then...
  7. Incredibly slow PC

Incredibly slow PC: A couple of weeks ago my PC wasnt able to start due to a problem during booting. I couldnt fix it so instead I decided to do a clean install of windows on my second SSD. I didnt really format that one I just installed windows onto it via stick and troubleshoot. I then...
  8. Incredibly slow PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. PC incredibly slow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC incredibly slow.: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) It takes quite a while to boot. I keep most of my files on an external hard drive. Opening a folder and displaying the contents takes ages. What can I do to speed things up (a lot) ? Would it help to keep copies on the external drive...
  10. Store incredible slow

Store incredible slow: I have the following issue, that the download of apps/updates in the Windows Store gets stuck at 0% for about 5-10 minutes, then suddenly starts, sometimes slow sometimes fast, and then it goes to the next download and it again gets stuck for about 10 minutes. This happens on...