Windows 10: SSD Is not in Disk Management but inside C: with ,my HHD

Discus and support SSD Is not in Disk Management but inside C: with ,my HHD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently received a Kingston HyperX Fury RGB SSD. I am not planning to use it for windows even though I should. I at one point was able to set it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gentay5, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Gentay5 Win User

SSD Is not in Disk Management but inside C: with ,my HHD

I recently received a Kingston HyperX Fury RGB SSD. I am not planning to use it for windows even though I should. I at one point was able to set it up from some menu but I thought i hit cancel as I had to go do something. I may have accidentally hit apply or something but I don't think so. There is no Disk 1 inside management only Disk 0 but when i go to C; and hit properties under hardware is my SSD and HDD. It also appears under Device Manager. I cant find the ability to save through the SSD though in file explorer. Is there any fix or hardware cause for this.

:)

Gentay5, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 30, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    HHD to SSD

Get the SSD and a way to connect to the computer and clone it from the HHD.

There are a number of free programs to use to do the clone. I used EaseUS toDoBacklUp.

lacrumb, Dec 30, 2018
  4. SSD Is not in Disk Management but inside C: with ,my HHD

HHD to SSD

my HHD is running slow and i want to change to SSD, I previously upgrade from Win7 to Win10 what can i do

BasilRobinson, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

SSD Is not in Disk Management but inside C: with ,my HHD

1. SSD Is not in Disk Management but inside C: with ,my HHD - Similar Threads - SSD Disk Management

2. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  3. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  4. Swap C & D Drive back to SSD & HHD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swap C & D Drive back to SSD & HHD: I had some issues with updating Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failed/85b5827f-2b4c-4d8d-b647-6cd19bdb0e49I followed the steps but I noticed that Windows 11 was working really slowly. I looked on Task Manger and it looks like my...
  5. Swap C & D Drive back to SSD & HHD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swap C & D Drive back to SSD & HHD: I had some issues with updating Windows: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failed/85b5827f-2b4c-4d8d-b647-6cd19bdb0e49I followed the steps but I noticed that Windows 11 was working really slowly. I looked on Task Manger and it looks like my...
  6. 100% hhd and 0% ssd in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% hhd and 0% ssd in Task Manager: Not really sure what to do at this point seemed to try everything I could find online. Recently replaced my CPU in the last 2 weeks, already double checked if everything was plugged in and also plugged and replugged my SSD into the motherboard with no fix when I turned...
  7. Replace HHD with SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace HHD with SSD: I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer was 1903. I made a recovery USB for it and have not backed up any of the updates. If I put a ssd in and use my backup will...
  8. My SSD appear in the Bios but not in Disk Managment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My SSD appear in the Bios but not in Disk Managment: today I trying to clean install Windows 10, but suddenly my SSD dissapair from the partition option, and only show me the hard disk to install the windows 10, when installed the Windows 10, I go to Disk magagment to find out the SSD is missing, doesn't show unallocated,...
  9. Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration: So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains my photos and...
  10. Run SSD and HHD in harmony

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run SSD and HHD in harmony: Hey, I am a long term Mac user and have replaced the main PC with a windows 10 one which has been custom built. The OS is stored on the 120GB SSD drive and there is also a 1TB HHD that I want to use as the library and also place for installing programs etc. Basically...