Windows 10: Ssd is not recognized

Discus and support Ssd is not recognized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have HP PAVILION Laptop with windows 10. I used to have a ssdsamsung mznlf1280 the laptop used to run fine until one day it showed an immitent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MOIZ CHANNA, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Ssd is not recognized

Hi. I have HP PAVILION Laptop with windows 10. I used to have a ssdsamsung mznlf1280 the laptop used to run fine until one day it showed an immitent hard drive failure. I just ignored it and continued startup. The next time I turned on my laptop it turned on and the screen also lit up but it was blank. It showed nothing except it showed the keys i pressed for bios option like F1 F10 or ESC. Anyways i tried to remove my ssd and ran the laptop and it still shows the hard drive failure but i just ignore it and it runs fine. But it is very slow without ssd. If i plug in the ssd while the os is r

:)

MOIZ CHANNA, Mar 22, 2023

2. backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2023
  3. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Ssd is not recognized

Samsung 960 Evo SSD not recognized W10

• I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 and along with it a Samsung 500gb 960 Evo SSD. I followed instructions carefully, plugged the SSD into my laptops hardware. I did the hardware changes before turning on the laptop for the first time. Everything went smooth
      and everything is set up. The problem is Windows 10 cant recognize the SSD. It doesnt show up in Disk Management or Samsung Data Migration. Ive read the forums about 100 times and no one seems to have the exact same problem as me. Ive updated Windows 10, all
      my drivers and troubleshot Windows updates. The computer cant find the SSD and I need some help.

Daniel Steinthor M. Norddahl, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Ssd is not recognized

1. Ssd is not recognized - Similar Threads - Ssd recognized

2. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  3. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  4. Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD: have an Alienware computer, i have a SSD installed and I wanted to add another one, I bought a NVME SSD Samsung 990 and when I opened my computer there was already one in there. I guess I bought it that way. So I got an adapter so I can use both but now it’s not popping up at...
  5. Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD: have an Alienware computer, i have a SSD installed and I wanted to add another one, I bought a NVME SSD Samsung 990 and when I opened my computer there was already one in there. I guess I bought it that way. So I got an adapter so I can use both but now it’s not popping up at...
  6. Hi, my computer isn’t recognizing my NVME SSD

7. Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does: I want to install Windows on a 500GB M.2 SSD that I have on my ASUS TUF F15 laptop but the Windows Installer doesn't recognize the SSD when BIOS does. I have tried literally every solution i could find and nothing has worked so far but I feel like I am close to solving my...
  8. Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does

Windows Installer not recognizing M.2 SSD but BIOS does: I want to install Windows on a 500GB M.2 SSD that I have on my ASUS TUF F15 laptop but the Windows Installer doesn't recognize the SSD when BIOS does. I have tried literally every solution i could find and nothing has worked so far but I feel like I am close to solving my...
  9. Surface Go 1943 wont recognize new ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Go 1943 wont recognize new ssd.: Hi!, old SSD died on me so I went to replace it and I have tried 2 different ones but of which refuse to be detected in windows10 and 11 installation folder, checked diskpart, it is refusing to be detected. both SSD's were NVMe 2230 so it should have no issues as they work in...
  10. Surface Go 1943 wont recognize new ssd.

Surface Go 1943 wont recognize new ssd.: Hi!, old SSD died on me so I went to replace it and I have tried 2 different ones but of which refuse to be detected in windows10 and 11 installation folder, checked diskpart, it is refusing to be detected. both SSD's were NVMe 2230 so it should have no issues as they work in...