Windows 10: SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.

Discus and support SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day! The problem is whenever i tried to download files or games more than 10 gb, my download speed along with the disk usage is going down to 0 at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicholas Greco delas Alas, Jun 7, 2023.

1. SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.

Good day! The problem is whenever i tried to download files or games more than 10 gb, my download speed along with the disk usage is going down to 0 at worst. It would always starts when the download reached 10gb. I already tried formatting the SSD but still no luck on my end. If you can see this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/X-9s8BRLK6PK you can see that the download speed is at 0 and that started at 10gb. You can see in the screenshot that I downloaded larger than 10gb because what I did was to stop the download at 10gb and then restart my computer but after sometime of downloading again,

:)

Nicholas Greco delas Alas, Jun 7, 2023
  2. jstAsh01 Win User

XBOX app being extremely slow when downloading games over 10GB

Can anyone help me explain something? it's an issue with XBOX App, so I have an internet of 300 Mbps plan, and I get on average of 40 MBps downloading speed on like steam and epic games store when downloading anything, but when I try to download anything over 10GB in size from XBOX app, my download speed won't go over 1mbps, and even that is rare, this is weird because I can download any game with my actual internet speed as long as it's less than 10GB, I'm really confused what's happening here because Doom Eternal which is a game of around 90GB couldn't go up to 20% even though I left it downloading for the entire night while I downloaded gta5 in less than an hour and that's 105GB (or something) in size.

jstAsh01, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Wisewiz Win User
    Two virtually identical installations: C drive on one is 10GB larger

Thanks for responding, friends. I do, indeed run Disk Cleanup (plus System Files) once each week on both, and I have my System Restore files always down to just the most recent one. I let Google and Mozilla put Chrome and Firefox on C, but I watch and weed the accumulation of cache and cookie files frequently. Please keep the suggestions, coming, you wizards. I'm in a Sherlock Holmes frame of mind today.

These are work computers, so no games, no photos, no vids, no music, fewer than 20 installed applications/utilities (same on each). Running bare bones for speed and functionality, but somebody stole 10 Gigs more of my main disk on one than
    SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb. 64d1618934100t-two-virtually-identical-installations-c-drive-one-10gb-larger-clipboard-snapshot1.jpg

SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb. 65d1618934100t-two-virtually-identical-installations-c-drive-one-10gb-larger-clipboard-snapshot2.jpg
    on the other.

Wisewiz, Jun 7, 2023
  4. SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.

Windows 10 is extremely slow after upgrading, cloning, and installing a larger SSD.

Hello, so I have an Inspiron 17-7779 that originally came with two drives, my c drive was a 128gb ssd and my d drive is a 1TB hdd. Even though I moved as much to the d drive as possible, I started running into issues with storage and decided to upgrade. I purchased a Western digital 1TB m.2 says ssd drive, then cloned my old drive to it and installed it. Since then my computer performance has been extremely slow,

especially when multitasking. I have found a few articles here and elsewhere with suggestions that haven’t worked for me. This is what I’ve checked or done so far.

Update Driver, Enabled AHCI, Disable Startup Items, & Ensured SSD was booting first.

Does anyone have a suggestion on another step I can try? Thanks!

Glossygeek, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.

1. SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb. - Similar Threads - SSD slowing down

2. SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.: Good day! The problem is whenever i tried to download files or games more than 10 gb, my download speed along with the disk usage is going down to 0 at worst. It would always starts when the download reached 10gb. I already tried formatting the SSD but still no luck on my...
  3. SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD is slowing down when trying to download files/games larger than 10gb.: Good day! The problem is whenever i tried to download files or games more than 10 gb, my download speed along with the disk usage is going down to 0 at worst. It would always starts when the download reached 10gb. I already tried formatting the SSD but still no luck on my...
  4. XBOX app being extremely slow when downloading games over 10GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX app being extremely slow when downloading games over 10GB: Can anyone help me explain something? it's an issue with XBOX App, so I have an internet of 300 Mbps plan, and I get on average of 40 MBps downloading speed on like steam and epic games store when downloading anything, but when I try to download anything over 10GB in size...
  5. XBOX app being extremely slow when downloading games over 10GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX app being extremely slow when downloading games over 10GB: Can anyone help me explain something? it's an issue with XBOX App, so I have an internet of 300 Mbps plan, and I get on average of 40 MBps downloading speed on like steam and epic games store when downloading anything, but when I try to download anything over 10GB in size...
  6. SSD DRIVE DOWNLOADS SLOW

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD DRIVE DOWNLOADS SLOW: HELP! Every time I try to download anything onto my SSD, the download goes at full speed, stops completely, goes at full speed, and so on. It does not do this with my HDD, so i think something's wrong with the drive, however it never did this before. I don't know if there's a...
  7. SSD slowed down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD slowed down: Hello, Since I traveled yesterday my computer slowed down significantly and is really acting up. After some digging, I found out that my SSD is the issue. It loads everything fine but in large intervals. Therefore if I want to open up my browser, it might take no time at...
  8. Computer slows down when downloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down when downloading: Hello When I am downloading something, like a game or video, my computer slows down. For example mouse begins to stutter, apps begin to non responsive, videos stop and buffer for several seconds, etc. I have latest drivers from manufacturer websites, have all Windows...
  9. picture larger than screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture larger than screen: picture is larger than screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/picture-larger-than-screen/7369f263-396f-4c03-8d1f-4a1b0b2c6f13
  10. Internet slows down on downloads.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slows down on downloads.: When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if not how do I fix it? 85296