Windows 10: SSD just died with activated Windows 10 Licence

Discus and support SSD just died with activated Windows 10 Licence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Just a quick question as I cannot remember if this is correct or am I wrong. My SSD was due for replacement after 8 years of service I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hefeydd, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Hefeydd Win User

SSD just died with activated Windows 10 Licence

Hello,

Just a quick question as I cannot remember if this is correct or am I wrong. My SSD was due for replacement after 8 years of service I was going to replace it soon but it looks as though, until I investigate further tomorrow as its nearly 00:00 here. Windows 10 Pro is activated on this SSD as I cannot access the SSD to go into MS DOS and deactive the licence.

Am I kind of correct this would technically be classed as a used and registered Windows 10 licence. I cannot access the SSD to deactivate the Licence. So is there another way I can remove this licence registration. Or just install a new SSD and reinstall Windows. I must admit this is the first time a SSD has failed on me I must be lucky. I have a replacement no problem it is the reinstalling of everything again that will do my noggin in. I have lost a bit if data nothing imperative so I'm not worried.

:)

Hefeydd, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Pehla Win User

windows 10 licencing and image backup??

i lost one genuine licence that i got for being a insider..,i added one more ssd to my pc and wanted to do a fresh install in raid 0 but that just didnt work as my pc didnt want to activate,even after talking to a microsoft help desk didnt find solution!! so afterwards i used cracked windows 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10 and that activation is still on my pc,and is still genuine *Smile SSD just died with activated Windows 10 Licence :)
    i wanted to keep that one but i gues its not just motherboard...,its motherboard AND cpu!!!

Pehla, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Superfly Win User
    windows 10 activation - licence will expire soon

There are two new entries in the Diagnostic report.

1. Activation Scenario Code:

2. ProductKey Code:

Both are blank on my PC.

My guess is 1. above relates to this VAMT Step-by-Step Scenarios (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs - if so non-volume users won't be affected.

No idea about 2. - there are more than enougn PK entries already!... was hoping some more digital licencing stuff would come up.

Gonna have to do some more digging and testing,,,

Superfly, Aug 4, 2020
  4. SSD just died with activated Windows 10 Licence

Cannot activate the licence

I did a SSD change. Unfortunately don't remember or remarked what Windows 10 edition was installed since I have several cumputers. I newly reinstalled Windows 10 Education on the new SSD but it cannot activate the licence with digital licence that is on
    the old SSD removed. Tryed with my microsoft acount, not listed for this cumputer. Tryed to check the edition through dos command but it says I dont have the same system! Very frustating. How can I know which of the version Home or Pro or Education was installed
    on old SSD? Also do I have really to make a complete reinstall to change from Education to Pro or Home? Thanks for the answer.

ThierryG_1357, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

SSD just died with activated Windows 10 Licence

1. SSD just died with activated Windows 10 Licence - Similar Threads - SSD died activated

2. Licence and Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licence and Activation: My old laptop died but I have the product key for my retail windows license. I cannot use it on my new desktop since its not deactivated on the old device. How can I deactivate it now? The old device is completely inaccessible and the hard disk was wiped out! I dont think it...
  3. Windows 10 licence and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 licence and activation: Hi, I need to transfer Windows 10 licence from a person who left the company to my account, and further, I need to activate Windows. What are the steps to follow?...
  4. Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence

Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence: I did the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 some time ago; must be 4 years. All has been working perfectly until recently I lose activation almost daily. Running the activation troubleshoot reactivates my windows but only for a day oir so before it once again becomes...
  5. Windows 10 activation and transfer licence

Windows 10 activation and transfer licence: I made huge rookie mistake, I deactivated windows 10 pro license on old laptop, and I don't know the product key. I have some key which I pulled out from showkeyplus, and when Im trying to activate windows 10 pro on new laptop, its shows some error. Is there any way I can my...
  6. Licencing and Activation

Licencing and Activation: Hi All, I have Dell Inspiron AIO 2320, which has Original version of Windows installed, I was charged extra since it was a genuine version when I bought it, now the motherboard has gone bad and I have purchased a new Desktop, when I tried to use the Windows 10 key (from the...
  7. activation & licence

activation & licence: my laptop is showing that, your windows licence will expire soon. so, what I supposed to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-licence/d835912e-6325-4941-9afb-8d29f0703342"
  8. WINDOW LICENCE AND ACTIVATION

WINDOW LICENCE AND ACTIVATION: WINDOWS FREQUENTLY SHOWS A POPUP ( WINDOWS LICENCE WILL EXPIRE SOON) .HOW I CAN GET WINDOW LICENCE PRODUCT KEY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-licence-and-activation/d8c70dc9-93dd-4f96-9507-35630ef461f4"
  9. Activation and licence

Activation and licence: I bought a acer laptop in 2017 series aspire A577-ACER with a original windows 10 but suddenly in last 2 days its asking to update it again. Please solve this problem...
  10. Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence

Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence: Hello there I have a windows 10 pro digital licence registered to my pc , I have changed the hard drive and of course I do not have a Windows 10 CD , so I borrowed my friends windows 10 pro disc and reloaded that onto mine and I choose will register later , so all well up...