Windows 10: SSD keeps buzzing

Discus and support SSD keeps buzzing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ran a virus scan. No viruses found. Already took the laptop apart and dusted it using a pressured air can. Memory was at 85%. Was able to push it down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by compwiz02, Nov 11, 2020.

1. compwiz02 Win User

SSD keeps buzzing

Ran a virus scan. No viruses found. Already took the laptop apart and dusted it using a pressured air can. Memory was at 85%. Was able to push it down to 70%. CPU is at 38-20%. Running a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. No idea why the hard drive keeps buzzing. I could take a video of it. It would be normal for a while, then after a few minutes, the hard drive would buzz. Then repeat.

:)

compwiz02, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Realtek HD Audio buzzing

Hi,

To properly address this issue, we would like to get more details about the buzzing sound on your computer.

• Does it still buzz even if you put it in low volume?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

Let's run the audio troubleshooter to help us find and fix the issue. Follow the steps provided in

Fix sound problems

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 11, 2020
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

SSD keeps buzzing

Laptop buzzes, freezed and crashed

Hello mate some system specs would be helpful not many in your profile and it is hard not knowing what one is dealing with.

In msinfo there are no problem devices listed as I always check for those first. The loud buzzing sound is a worry if it around mains power frequency (usually 50 - 60 Hz) The other thing that could be buzzing is the hard drive and as I don't know if you have a spinner or SSD it is hard to say.

ICIT2LOL, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

SSD keeps buzzing

1. SSD keeps buzzing - Similar Threads - SSD keeps buzzing

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing and buzzing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps freezing and buzzing: Hello,I have an ASUS laptop and for a while now I've had this problem where sometimes windows just suddenly freezes for a few seconds and makes this buzzing noise as if the sound also froze.The freezing varies in length and the amount of times it happens a day, sometimes I...
  3. Windows 10 keeps freezing and buzzing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps freezing and buzzing: Hello,I have an ASUS laptop and for a while now I've had this problem where sometimes windows just suddenly freezes for a few seconds and makes this buzzing noise as if the sound also froze.The freezing varies in length and the amount of times it happens a day, sometimes I...
  4. Windows 10 keeps freezing and buzzing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. pc keeps freezing with buzzing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps freezing with buzzing: i recently got windows 11 and have been experiencing this issue that happened when i first got my computer but it slowly stopped happening. i dont know why it started again but i think it might have something to do with my sound drivers but i dont know. i've checked all of my...
  6. pc keeps freezing with buzzing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps freezing with buzzing: i recently got windows 11 and have been experiencing this issue that happened when i first got my computer but it slowly stopped happening. i dont know why it started again but i think it might have something to do with my sound drivers but i dont know. i've checked all of my...
  7. SSD keeps buzzing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD keeps buzzing: Ran a virus scan. No viruses found. Already took the laptop apart and dusted it using a pressured air can. Memory was at 85%. Was able to push it down to 70%. CPU is at 38-20%. Running a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. No idea why the hard drive keeps buzzing. I could take a video...
  8. PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound

PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound: The title really, the PC is brand new but it keeps crashing with a loud buzzing sound, I've run quite a few tests myself but I'm pretty much a novice so treat this as if I've tried nothing and start from scratch, any help would be appreciated, specs below: Operating system...
  9. PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound

PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound: The title really, the PC is brand new but it keeps crashing with a loud buzzing sound, I've run quite a few tests myself but I'm pretty much a novice so treat this as if I've tried nothing and start from scratch, any help would be appreciated, specs below: Operating system...
  10. Earbuds keep buzzing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earbuds keep buzzing: My earbuds keep having episodes of on and off buzzing in the background. I can still hear like normal though aside from the buzzing, but it's getting to be pretty gosh darn annoying. My drivers and such are already up to date and while I do normally have audio enhancements...