Windows 10: SSD large written question

Discus and support SSD large written question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking for explanation if possible. Relatively new computer Febuary 2020 , 256Evo Pro ssd as OS only , 1TB Evo as programs and storage ,with a 4TB USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oldhead, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Oldhead Win User

SSD large written question

Looking for explanation if possible.
    Relatively new computer Febuary 2020 , 256Evo Pro ssd as OS only , 1TB Evo as programs and storage ,with a 4TB USB drive for backups and storage.

Evo pro with 47GB of used yet samsung magician software shows 2 Tb written in such a short space of time .
    Is this normal ,just with MS updates and daily computer used daily.
    No videos etc downloaded , Just Malwarebytes Pro and windows defender operating of EvoPro .
    Original OS was ver 1909 ,all updates performed till 2004Ver ,have not updated the October 13th latest .
    Searched internet but can not reach acceptable answer.

:)

Oldhead, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD large written question :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Oct 23, 2020
  4. EarthDog Win User

ssd question

+1 for dig's suggestions...

and please do not do #1 of what Arel said... you do NOT defragment SSD's!!!!!!!!!!

EarthDog, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. SSD large written question - Similar Threads - SSD large written

2. SSD question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD question: Hello, I have a question. I have bought a 1TB SSD from crucial.com Crucial MX500 1000GB 2.5 inch SSD. My SSD that Is installed on the computer is a 250GB SSD. Should I get rid of the 250GB SSD and go ahead and buy a new Operating System Windows 10 Home which is the cheapest,...
  3. Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD

Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD: Hi all,I need to replace my current C drive SSD too small with a larger SSD. Windows updates are resource pigs and I'm almost out of space. I've read several articles and it seems it either takes two or three simple steps using the free Macrium Clone function or the Windows...
  4. SSD Upgrade Questions

SSD Upgrade Questions: Current Storage: I currently have a Dell Inspiron 27 7775 all-in-one computer with 1TB of HDD as the C: and a 256GB SSD A: drive. I want to: 1. Upgrade the SSD in my system to a Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD 2. Install Windows 10 to the new SSD from a USB drive...
  5. SSD question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD question: Windows 10 20H2 has been writing 3x more than reading on my SSD, I don't even write that much data myself. It's averaging about 50GBs a day everyday since I bought it and it's chopping the life off my SSD. I've had S.M.A.R.T bullshit me before but I think that's not the case...
  6. Constant BSOD and SSD can’t be written to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant BSOD and SSD can’t be written to: I feel like the answer is to just get a new SSD because I’ve tried almost everything, but I’m asking here as one last resort. Last night, for some reason my Acer Nitro (ANS517-51) had an app fail to launch due to missing registry entries or something of the sort and that’s...
  7. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  8. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  9. Small SSD for large SSD for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Small SSD for large SSD for win10: So im selling one of my smaller ssd's 240GB and picking up a 1TB. Which drive would be better to install windows on? Not worried about drive speeds or anything like that. ive been told to keep it on a smaller SSD over a larger 1TB ssd. 82033
  10. SSD question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD question: Samsung Magician isn't Win 10 ready. Can I uninstall it? Will Win 10 properly manage my SSD without Magician? Sometimes my PC will not shut down. It powers off, but a few seconds later reboots. I suspect Magician and Windows incompatibility. Early reports of Win 10...