Windows 10: SSD Lifespan

Discus and support SSD Lifespan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is it necessary to move the temporary folders of Windows 10 to a second HDD disk, having an SSD disk, to extend its life cycle, or is this unnecessary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ppdemo, Sep 24, 2019.

1. ppdemo Win User

SSD Lifespan

Is it necessary to move the temporary folders of Windows 10 to a second HDD disk, having an SSD disk, to extend its life cycle, or is this unnecessary today?
    Because I have read that even subjecting the ssd to large gb of writings a day, it would take many years to degrade

:)

ppdemo, Sep 24, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User

SSD Lifespan

You wont use up the lifespan of modern SSDs in normal usage.

-XZNr7mS0iw

swarfega, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Mooly Win User
    SSD Lifespan

My Crucial 256Gb SSD reports 92% life remaining and 32TB of data written to it (that's 32 Terabytes). Its been installed for perhaps 4 years now and is performing faultlessly. It gets plenty of use with Windows Insider builds being installed weekly.

SSD Lifespan [​IMG]

Mooly, Sep 24, 2019
  4. SSD Lifespan

SSD Lifespan

The whole point of an SSD is increased speed for operations. If you offload temp files, scratch disks, page files etc to slower media, why bother with an SSD? *Huh
    The manufacturers are the best people to ask since they design the drives, and I've never seen any suggest offloading those sort of operations to traditional media, you could say well they wouldn't cause they want you to wear the drive out sooner, but that makes no sense, if a certain manufacturers drives wore out sooner you wouldn't buy them again, would you? *Smile

Pejole2165, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

SSD Lifespan

1. SSD Lifespan - Similar Threads - SSD Lifespan

2. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  3. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  4. Windows ssd to Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  5. Windows ssd to Mac

Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  6. Cannot format SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  7. Cannot format SSD

Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  8. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  9. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...
  10. Do I need to turn off paging and hibernation for my SSD to increase its lifespan?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to turn off paging and hibernation for my SSD to increase its lifespan?: I'm running latest Windows 10 Professional 10.0.19042.662 and I've installed MX 500 SSD. I've read lot of articles showing paging file do lots of read/writr operation to SSD so reducing SSD TBW rating and life span so they suggest to turn off paging and hibernation to...