Windows 10: SSD locked, Operating System not found. Help!

Discus and support SSD locked, Operating System not found. Help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, So my desktop was running fine on a western digital 1TB hard drive. Windows 10. I had just bought the computer and wanted to put in a ssd and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lukesussex, Jun 13, 2016.

1. SSD locked, Operating System not found. Help!

Hello,
    So my desktop was running fine on a western digital 1TB hard drive. Windows 10. I had just bought the computer and wanted to put in a ssd and move the OS from the hdd to the ssd.

First I reset windows 10 using the option in recovery just to wipe all files and reinstall the OS. After than I installed onto the hdd a copy of Acronis which came with my ssd. This has the clone disk tool which I used to clone the hdd to put on the ssd. I then installed the ssd, a Crucial MX200 250 GB. I booted back to windows on the hdd, ran acronis, cloned the os to the ssd. All was successful I think. I then changed the order in the bios to boot first from the ssd. It booted fine, ssd working well, so I then formatted the hdd to get rid of all the windows files. I then decided to reset this pc using the option in settings (like I had done earlier before I cloned the hdd). This would not complete. So I shut it down.
    The next day I come to turn on the PC and I am greeted with “An operating system wasn’t found. Try disconnecting drives that don’t contain an operating system. Press ctrl + alt + del to restart.” So I disconnected the HDD, but the message still came up.

I also had previously downloaded windows 10 to a USB incase I needed to reinstall, so I booted to that. When that loaded there was an option to troubleshoot, and in there an option to reset this pc, (reinstall windows). I tried to select this option but it says: “The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again”

Does this mean my ssd is locked? It was working fine the day before. How do you unlock a ssd?

Kind Regards,
    Luke

:)

lukesussex, Jun 13, 2016

2. An operating system wasn't found!HELP!

Windows 10 would not load and eventually took me through the diagnosis, fix options and now looks like it's crashed to "an operating system wasn't found". If I hold the ctrl+alt+del to restart it takes me to Aptio Setup Utility. No idea what to do with
    this. I downloaded all the advised things on USB but cannot/do not know how to reboot it. Spent hours on this and don't know where to go.

Tisha Holland, Jun 13, 2016
  3. An operating system wasn't found!HELP!

lo

My fn key wasn't working and I tried to update the drive for the keyboard and nothing. I really have no knowledge of windows I have used mac my whole life but I changed to windows because there was some programs for my photography that I needed and when
    I am free I occasionally like to play games but anyways my friend who has used windows more than me factory restarted my laptop and In the middle of the reset the laptop died. He turned it on again and it says "An operating system wasn't found try disconnecting
    any drives that don't contain an operating system." I have no idea what to do and my friend doesn't either. Please someone help me ASAP I need to work on my photo for a shoot and both of my other macs are broken so

(Keep in mind I don't have any Windows CD and I have an asus g73jh) I has windows 7 and 10 installed before this happened

Richard Aguirre, Jun 13, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

SSD locked, Operating System not found. Help!

NavyLCDR, Jun 13, 2016
  5. Whatphoeb Win User
    Press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut Down" to turn off your PC.

Whatphoeb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SSD locked, Operating System not found. Help!

1. SSD locked, Operating System not found. Help! - Similar Threads - SSD locked Operating

2. An operating system was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An operating system was not found: Hello Yesterday I turned on my computer , turned it off , tried to boot from an external hard drive with windows 7 installed I was gonna check if it works and turned out it was crashingI was gonna format it using diskpart ,when again turned on my computer with the external...
  3. Operating System not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System not found: Hello everyone,So I recently got a new computerno cd slots installed with windows 8.1 ProI know kind of backwards.Well the other day I noticed that one of my drive partitions was not there like I could not see it. The drive that I have is a 128gb SSD with two partitions and I...
  4. No operating system found?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found?: PC worked fine 5 hours ago. Go to turn it in, and I get the error “No operating system found, ctrl + alt + del to restart” Any solutions? submitted by /u/Croohk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcc0e4/no_operating_system_found/
  5. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found: I installed Ubuntu on a USB SSD some time ago, and then to make use of the SSD I later on formatted it, and put it directly in my system. At the time I didn't know that it wasn't the right way of doing it, and so my PC entered grub rescue mode every time the SSD was detected....
  6. OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND: I purchased a new Acer laptop from the microsoft store a couple years ago. a virus got into my system and totally decimated my system. Now when i try to use my unit,i get a "operating system not found" message. What steps do i need to take to get this thing working again?...
  7. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No operating system found: While trying to add unallocated space to a F partition on a dual boot Win10 and win7 HP Probook I inadvertantly clicked activate partition during the move the Unallocated to the right of the partition I wanted to add it to and was instructed to reboot to complete the move....
  8. Operating System not found, SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating System not found, SSD: Been searching for an answer for some time, but have an issue still not resolved. My son's PC is a self built PC, upgraded to Windows 10 when Win 10 came out. No issues until recently, when the PC started freezing at odd times (night, sleeping, browser on and just sitting...
  9. No Operating System Found (Please Help)

in Windows 10 Support
    No Operating System Found (Please Help): Ok, so a while back when the Windows 10 Upgrade had popped up on my computer, I upgraded with no problem at all. I wanted to do a factory restore in order to clean up my laptop completely, however while updating, the power went out and the computer shut off. Logging back on,...
  10. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...