Windows 10: ssd marked accidentally as active

Discus and support ssd marked accidentally as active in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With mistake i accidentally marked one of the ssd's as active and now i can't use it for anything. it wont delete it wont format i have no options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by m0nk3n, Dec 21, 2015.

1. m0nk3n Win User

ssd marked accidentally as active

With mistake i accidentally marked one of the ssd's as active and now i can't use it for anything.
    it wont delete it wont format i have no options in disk management for it.

when i press erase it says that "Windows can't erase the active system partition on this disk"

says the same thing when i try to format from "my computer".

i know that only the OS drive should be marked active and i want do to something about it. cause i need the ssd...

:)

m0nk3n, Dec 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 unable to boot from new cloned SSD

I suspect that your SSD System partition (currently drive Dssd marked accidentally as active :) is not marked as "active".

Frederik Long, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 not installing on Samsung 850 SSD

This may be where the other fix comes in to mark partition Active. Is this UEFI BIOS that doesn't use Active flags? If not then try preparing drive as shown in Step 2 or 3 here which both Cleans marks partition Active:

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

I would use Clean command instead of Clean All since it is shorter and contains all therapeutic value for installation failures of wiping the boot code and partition table.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 21, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Normally you use diskpart command to mark it "Inactive". However, you have to be sure it's not the partition Windows boot from. Show us the screen shot of Disk Management then we can help you.

topgundcp, Dec 21, 2015
  5. m0nk3n Win User
    ssd marked accidentally as active [​IMG]

m0nk3n, Dec 21, 2015
  6. m0nk3n Win User
    i just reinstalled Windows 10 since somehow after accidentally marking the other disk as active and then after a reboot of the computer made sure that boot\bcd didnt exist.

using the "repair the computer" just restarted the computer.

and it just deleted the OS. i checked in diskpart using the Windows 10 dvd to "repair my computer" and entering cmd. the only partition i have now is the one newly installed Windows 10. so i can't do anything from there.

m0nk3n, Dec 21, 2015
  7. m0nk3n Win User
    i managed to mark it inactive. but can't format it or delete it.

do you think i might be able to use easybcd to fix this since the disk i'm trying to format has the system flag still on it so that it wont get formatted...

m0nk3n, Dec 21, 2015
  8. m0nk3n Win User

and now i restarted did nothing to anything just a simple restart it booted from the dvd again telling me to install windows 10 again.
    i went straight into "repair my computer" and cmd line option. and now formatting the drive i dont want as system..

on a laptop now.

m0nk3n, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ssd marked accidentally as active - Similar Threads - ssd marked accidentally

2. Blue question mark over internal SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue question mark over internal SSD: I use a laptop in which I installed a 2 TB internal SSD, which has worked wonderfully without any problems for just over two years, now I can no longer access any of the files in the drive, and when opening fire explorer, there is a blue question mark covering the drive.I...
  3. Blue question mark over internal SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue question mark over internal SSD: I use a laptop in which I installed a 2 TB internal SSD, which has worked wonderfully without any problems for just over two years, now I can no longer access any of the files in the drive, and when opening fire explorer, there is a blue question mark covering the drive.I...
  4. Blue question mark over internal SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to remove this mark ? it's not the activation mark, my win is already activated.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this mark ? it's not the activation mark, my win is already activated.: Screenshot : https://prnt.sc/10t15yc I was playing around with regedit to do something, I think I messed up, how to reset regedit or how to remove this mark ? submitted by /u/mrmouha99 [link] [comments]...
  6. NVME SSD accidentally connected to the wrong slot?

NVME SSD accidentally connected to the wrong slot?: When I built my first PC I connected my NVME SSD to the lower slot (which I didn't know otherwise at the time) and now I would like to connect my NVME SSD to the other slot. Can I just do that without thinking about it or can it cause problems with my Windows key or NVME SSD...
  7. A partition on a USB stick cannot be marked as active.

A partition on a USB stick cannot be marked as active.: Code: DISKPART> list volume Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 Z DVD-ROM 0 B No Media Volume 1 C Windows 10 NTFS Partition 80 GB Healthy Boot Volume 2 Recovery NTFS Partition 528 MB...
  8. Marked the wrong partition as active

in Windows 10 Support
    Marked the wrong partition as active: While trying to solve a different problem i followed an article: You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive from Setup, 0xc1900104 In which i went into disk managment and marked a different partition as active which does not have an OS, how can i revert back to the other...
  9. Activate windows water mark on my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate windows water mark on my screen: How do I remove the "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-water-mark-on-my-screen/c71f6a20-81ac-4252-9e12-833b6590157e
  10. C drive marked as active accidentally.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive marked as active accidentally.: I accidentally marked c drive as active through disk management in windows 10 and now the bios is saying no operating system is found. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-marked-as-active-accidentally/77b9c5e5-c72f-4312-bc46-f88eddcf8511

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally marking c drive as active in windows 10