Windows 10: Ssd not booting

Discus and support Ssd not booting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been experiencing problems with my computer recognizing my ssd to boot from. I had two separate hardrives with Windows downloaded on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ann-Frann, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Ssd not booting

I’ve been experiencing problems with my computer recognizing my ssd to boot from. I had two separate hardrives with Windows downloaded on both connected to my pc. When booted up it prompted me to select a drive. Last night I decided to delete one drive for extra storage. Now my pc doesn’t even recognized my other drive as a boot drive. I suspect it could be something with dual boot? I think I remember hearing that one drive is the “main” that determines were to boot from and the other doesn’t have it but I’m not sure. I tried doing startup repair which didn’t work and bootrec is also giving me errors. It does appear in diskpart so in know it’s there.

submitted by /u/Ann-Frann
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ann-Frann, Nov 26, 2020

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 26, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Nov 26, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Ssd not booting

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Ssd not booting

1. Ssd not booting - Similar Threads - Ssd booting

2. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  3. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  4. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  5. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  6. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  8. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  9. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...
  10. My pc boots up with the wrong ssd

My pc boots up with the wrong ssd: I built my pc and installed a 1tb ssd and downloaded windows 11 on the 1tb ssd then I bought a 2tb ssd. When I installed the new 2tb ssd I removed the old 1tb ssd and installed windows on the new 2tb then I plug back the old 1tb ssd. I have both on my pc now. I turn on my pc...