Windows 10: SSD Not Detected

Discus and support SSD Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade a old Dell Laptop for a friend with a SSD. I have a WD Green 240 SSD. When I physically install the drive (there is a hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bartjunited, Mar 10, 2020.

1. SSD Not Detected

I am trying to upgrade a old Dell Laptop for a friend with a SSD.
    I have a WD Green 240 SSD.
    When I physically install the drive (there is a hard drive caddy that pulls out of the side of the laptop), the new SSD does not show up in the Bios as NO Physical Primary Drive is detected.

I dont know what else I am supposed to do at this point??

TIA Bart

SSD Not Detected [​IMG]

SSD Not Detected [​IMG]

:)

bartjunited, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Can't detect SSD when Installing windows10

Hi,

Incorrectly configured BIOS settings may cause your SSD not to be detected.

For us to properly isolate and provide a suitable resolution, we'll be needing additional information:

• Does your gaming laptop have HDD and SSD?
    • Is your SSD a SATA or M.2?
    • Were you trying to reinstall Windows 10?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the BIOS setting?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 10, 2020
  4. SSD Not Detected

Fall Creators update installed, secondary SSD not detected

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why an SSD that you have is not being detected on your computer. This could be due to device drivers that need to be updated or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly
    answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue occurring?
    • Is the SSD drive that you have an internal or external one?
    • Have you already check in disk management of the SSD drive is being detected?
    • What is the build number of the Windows 10 Fall Creators version that is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

SSD Not Detected

1. SSD Not Detected - Similar Threads - SSD Detected

2. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  3. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  4. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. M2 SSD not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 SSD not being detected by bios: I changed motherboards and decrypted the my 2 M2 SSDs Samsung and Lexar . After porting everything over, I saw my Lexar SSD was still in decryption process. Afterwards, the message disappeared and I do not see the Lexar SSD in the diskmgmt and diskpart but can see that it is...
  6. M2 SSD not being detected by bios

M2 SSD not being detected by bios: I changed motherboards and decrypted the my 2 M2 SSDs Samsung and Lexar . After porting everything over, I saw my Lexar SSD was still in decryption process. Afterwards, the message disappeared and I do not see the Lexar SSD in the diskmgmt and diskpart but can see that it is...
  7. ssd detection prob

ssd detection prob: I have a 240g SSD drive that when plugged in via a USB3 port is detected in device manager but not in disc manager or file explorerIf plugged in via SATA internally it displays as normal ?? This happens using any computerOS WINDOWS 11ps this same ssd will not optimize via...
  8. ssd detection prob

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd detection prob: I have a 240g SSD drive that when plugged in via a USB3 port is detected in device manager but not in disc manager or file explorerIf plugged in via SATA internally it displays as normal ?? This happens using any computerOS WINDOWS 11ps this same ssd will not optimize via...
  9. SSD not being detected in boot order in uefi mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not being detected in boot order in uefi mode: Recently I had a virus attack on my pc which led it to completely wipe my pc including the drive with windows in it. This led me to redownloading windows from from a hdd I had lying around. First that wasnt detected in uefi boot mode but was detected in legacy. So I thought...
  10. SSD not being detected in boot order in uefi mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not being detected in boot order in uefi mode: Recently I had a virus attack on my pc which led it to completely wipe my pc including the drive with windows in it. This led me to redownloading windows from from a hdd I had lying around. First that wasnt detected in uefi boot mode but was detected in legacy. So I thought...