Windows 10: SSD not initialized and unable to initialize

Discus and support SSD not initialized and unable to initialize in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 3 disks on my desktop : 1 M.2 disk boot disk , 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD drive . Everything was working well until yesterday i was unable to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JMDawN, Jul 8, 2020.

1. JMDawN Win User

SSD not initialized and unable to initialize

I have 3 disks on my desktop : 1 M.2 disk boot disk , 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD drive . Everything was working well until yesterday i was unable to access some files on the SSD drive . After restarting the computer the SSD drive doesn't appeared anymore .
    In disk management appears as "Disk 1 - Unknown - Not initialized" . When i click to initialize i got the error "A device which does not exist was specified." . What can be the cause of this ? How can i initialize the drive ?

:)

JMDawN, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Beehe Win User

SSD is not initializing

The issue is I have a SSD, it shows up how ever it won't initialize. I have tried the normal initialize and nothing happens or received the "This operation cannot be completed because the disk management is not up to date...". Any ideas?

Beehe, Jul 8, 2020
  3. SSD is not initializing

Some clarifications needed:

1) Is this issue started happening after upgrading to Fall's creator's update from creator's update(CU)?

Please type winver from cmd line and find out the Win10 version and let us know.

2) Do you know if this disk can be accessed in other systems running creator's update(CU) or anniversary update(AU)

3) Do you know the OEM Make/Model of SSD and the size? In addition please clarify if it's internal or externally connected disk such as through USB dock or USB based HDD?

Last but not least, please submit Windows User Feedback using the Feedback Hub application under category "Files, Folders, and Online
    Storage" with "Disks and Storage" sub category with this specific title "SSD
    Initialize issue - 0b8ffa31-b86a-4959-91f5-82b06dafe431" with repro mode it would be very helpful. Please attach any relevant screenshots as well.

PaddyA [MSFT], Jul 8, 2020
  4. SSD not initialized and unable to initialize

disk not initialized

hi my name is Pablo I try to initialized my ssd but everything is gray out

the initialized disk is gray out

and the new simple volume is gray out to

I don't know what to do need help please

PabloA Banegas Oliva, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

SSD not initialized and unable to initialize

1. SSD not initialized and unable to initialize - Similar Threads - SSD initialized unable

2. Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD: Hello I Want To Ask,Is There A Way To Read An Unknown, Not Initialized SSD? I Have Tried On The Disk Management To Initialized The SSD To Any MBR & GPT, But It Didn't Work. I Have Tried To With The CHKDSK Command, But It Didn't Work Eather.I Even Search On The Internet On...
  3. Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD: Hello I Want To Ask,Is There A Way To Read An Unknown, Not Initialized SSD? I Have Tried On The Disk Management To Initialized The SSD To Any MBR & GPT, But It Didn't Work. I Have Tried To With The CHKDSK Command, But It Didn't Work Eather.I Even Search On The Internet On...
  4. Initialize a new SSD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initialize a new SSD card: Hi. Does the windows installer initialize and format a new unused SSD card? I will be installing a 2TB SSD in my computer and am trying to avoid cloning etc. The 2TB SSD would be the only drive in my computer when it's installed. I am asking because I have come across...
  5. Initialize a new SSD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initialize a new SSD card: Hi. Does the windows installer initialize and format a new unused SSD card? I will be installing a 2TB SSD in my computer and am trying to avoid cloning etc. The 2TB SSD would be the only drive in my computer when it's installed. I am asking because I have come across...
  6. Internal HDD unable to initialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD unable to initialized: It seems that one of my RAM was faulty and when it couldn't access one of my HDD. Afterwards I decided to shut down and take the RAM out and now that HDD is faulty. It doesn't appear on This PC anymore but it does appear on Disk Management. In the Disk Management it is listed...
  7. Trouble Initiating New SSD

Trouble Initiating New SSD: Im trying to initiate a Samsung 870QVO SSD on my laptop using a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 to SATA adapter. The laptop is a HP 15Z-AW000. When I install the SSD internally, BIOS recognizes it. I cannot boot windows from the HDD on USB. So I have to clone the drive using the...
  8. Unable to Initialize Disk

Unable to Initialize Disk: I have a 4TB harddrive. I was using it in a storage pool with another 4TB harddrive. I've moved the disks around and no longer want them in a pool. Unfortunately, one of the 4TB drives shows up as the old 8TB pool in Disk Management. I'm unable to initialize, format or delete...
  9. Samsung SSD not always initialized

Samsung SSD not always initialized: I have a Samsung 860 2.5" EVO 1TB SSD in the 2.5" slot replacing the HDD that came with it - the problem is, the machine randomly sees it. The machine is GT80 Titan SLI running latest-greatest Win10 home. It apparently has no such issues with an HDD so there is nothing...
  10. unable to initialize device PRN

unable to initialize device PRN: Hi- I am beginner and was trying to follow a tutorial using the command line on Windows 10. Started well, but now I am stumped when I use the print function. I keep getting the message "unable to initialize device PRN" and none of the discussions threads on the web...