Windows 10: ssd not recognised

Discus and support ssd not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 ssd Samsung SSD 840 pro series (c*Smile and Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB (d*Smile. Both these drives are recognised I presume correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaburmester, Aug 25, 2015.

1. ssd not recognised

I have 2 ssd Samsung SSD 840 pro series (c*Smile and Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB (d*Smile.

Both these drives are recognised I presume correctly.

They are installed on a Toshiba QOSMIO X500 PQX33E-00N006EN laptop.

Trim is enabled as I run fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify in command prompt with result 0.

I cannot defrag using trim any of the drives as you can see from the below

ssd not recognised [​IMG]

I did not have this problem in Windows 7.

Any help in solving this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

jaburmester, Aug 25, 2015
  2. J. B.M Win User

SSD cloned from HDD and now only Disc is recognised by Win 10 Upgrade as usb

I cloned my Windows. I removed the HDD and replaced it with the SSD and now cannot Upgrade as the SSD, the only Disc on my laptop is recognised as usb.

Any bright ideas please?

J. B.M, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    New M2 SSD does not get recognised in Device manager or Bios

Hi David,

An unreadable SSD can be due to the BIOS firmware or the hardware itself. Restore the BIOS to default values and check if it's updated. If the issue persists, we highly recommend that you get in touch with the SSD manufacturer and contact your motherboard
    manufacturer. Feel free to update us on this or if you further information.

Erika Aro, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

ssd not recognised

I might not be reading this right, but but the command window is saying (correctly) that the SSD drive cannot be defragged (actually it should never be defragged). It is performing the trim function as it should. In Windows 10 there is an optimize function which will send a trim instruction to SSD's and defrag traditional hard drives. Both actions are performed under the same heading of "Optimize Drives".

Snakeyes, Aug 26, 2015
  5. ssd not recognised [​IMG]

As you can see from the above on drive C: and D: which are the drives I am concerned about current status states Optimisation not available so I do not understand what is going on.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    I see your problem. That is clearly not right. Can you open Device Manager, click on Disk drives and post the window?

Snakeyes, Aug 26, 2015
  7. ssd not recognised [​IMG]

Attached is screen device manager screen print as requested.

Hope you can solve problem.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Aug 26, 2015
  8. brummyfan Win User

ssd not recognised

Can you tell us the AHCI driver version. You could check in Device manager and expand IDE/ATAPI.

ssd not recognised [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 26, 2015
  9. ssd not recognised [​IMG]

Attached is screen print of AHCI driver version.

jaburmester, Aug 27, 2015
  10. Snakeyes Win User
    What type of drive is Throttle? Pardon my ignorance

Snakeyes, Aug 27, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Also check Disk Management.

jds63, Aug 27, 2015
  12. Snakeyes Win User
    You have a fairly interesting mix of SSD's. It's a long shot, but could you try physically disconnecting all the drives with the exception of your boot drive and see if Windows 10 acts differently.

Snakeyes, Aug 27, 2015
  13. brummyfan Win User

ssd not recognised

brummyfan, Aug 27, 2015
  14. Just to let you know all drivers are as up to date as they can be and I still have same problem.

Thanks for all help.

jaburmester, Aug 27, 2015
  15. Anybody have any further ideas how to solve problem?

jaburmester, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

ssd not recognised

1. ssd not recognised - Similar Threads - ssd recognised

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  4. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  6. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  7. SSD not recognised by windows 11 64bit install but recognised by a windows installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not recognised by windows 11 64bit install but recognised by a windows installation...: I think I have tried everything , even replaced the ssd from my other laptop, the drivers I installed while the installation was running , from a dos cmd, but still not recognised ,the ssd checks out ok even with the bios , where am I going wrong...
  8. SSD not recognised by windows 11 64bit install but recognised by a windows installation...

SSD not recognised by windows 11 64bit install but recognised by a windows installation...: I think I have tried everything , even replaced the ssd from my other laptop, the drivers I installed while the installation was running , from a dos cmd, but still not recognised ,the ssd checks out ok even with the bios , where am I going wrong...
  9. BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM: I currently want to upgrade to Windows 11. However, my computer is unable to as I have not got Secure Boot enabled. This is because I cannot boot my PC in UEFI mode, as when in UEFI mode my SSD with Windows on does not appear, i.e. the computer does not recognise my SSD in...
  10. BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS does not recognise my SSD with Operating System in UEFI Mode, only Legacy / CSM: I currently want to upgrade to Windows 11. However, my computer is unable to as I have not got Secure Boot enabled. This is because I cannot boot my PC in UEFI mode, as when in UEFI mode my SSD with Windows on does not appear, i.e. the computer does not recognise my SSD in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80070013 x50015