Windows 10: SSD not recognized as bootable option

Discus and support SSD not recognized as bootable option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing some issues with Windows installation in my new SSD. It is a Kingston A400 with 120Gb. First, I tried to make a clone from my HDD to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Henrique Stefano, Aug 12, 2018.

1. SSD not recognized as bootable option

Hi, I am facing some issues with Windows installation in my new SSD. It is a Kingston A400 with 120Gb. First, I tried to make a clone from my HDD to the SSD, but it was not recognized as bootable. Then, I installed windows from a pen drive with the HDD also installed (I did not know it is not recommended). It also did not work. Then, I formatted the SSD and installed windows again without the HDD and with the SSD in the motherboard, not in the caddy. This time it kind of worked, because the bootmanager asks me to choose one of the windows options. However, in Bios it is not shown as bootable and when I choose the new windows there's an error: 0xc00000e, the winload.efi does not exist. I can still start windows from the HDD and I even did a system restore, but it did not help. I have also played around with bcdboot, bcdedit, bootrec but none of them helped. In fact, bootrec commands return "the file specified could not be found". The automatic startup repair says it cannot fix it and the Kingston SSD Manager tool does not recognize the SSD as well. However, I can copy and install things on it while in windows. All the BIOS parameters are correct, AHCI, fastboot off, secure boot off and so on. I am desperate, please help!

:)

Henrique Stefano, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Vya Domus Win User

SSD not recognized as bootable option

PC Rebuilding: HDD can't get recognized ??

By not recognized you mean the BIOS is not listing it at all , or you just can't use it as a bootable drive ?

I suppose you did try all Sata ports ?

Vya Domus, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

SSD not recognized as bootable option

1. SSD not recognized as bootable option - Similar Threads - SSD recognized bootable

2. SSD Not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Not recognized.: HP Notebook 15-ef0025wm. My SSD with Windows 10 crashed on my PC. I've replaced it with a new one, but Bios uefi doesn't see it. I got the bios firmware updated with the help of a USB. The SSD driver file is however an .exe file, by hp and could only be launched on an already...
  3. SSD Not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Not recognized.: HP Notebook 15-ef0025wm. My SSD with Windows 10 crashed on my PC. I've replaced it with a new one, but Bios uefi doesn't see it. I got the bios firmware updated with the help of a USB. The SSD driver file is however an .exe file, by hp and could only be launched on an already...
  4. SSD Not recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ssd is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd is not recognized: Hi. I have HP PAVILION Laptop with windows 10. I used to have a ssdsamsung mznlf1280 the laptop used to run fine until one day it showed an immitent hard drive failure. I just ignored it and continued startup. The next time I turned on my laptop it turned on and the screen...
  6. Ssd is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd is not recognized: Hi. I have HP PAVILION Laptop with windows 10. I used to have a ssdsamsung mznlf1280 the laptop used to run fine until one day it showed an immitent hard drive failure. I just ignored it and continued startup. The next time I turned on my laptop it turned on and the screen...
  7. Ssd is not recognized

8. BIOS not recognizing Bootable Devices

BIOS not recognizing Bootable Devices: I have an Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus Wifi Motherboard, I have been using a Samsung 860 EVO SSD for the past year or so. Just today when I powered on my PC, it's not recognizing any bootable devices and I keep getting stuck in the BIOS. I've tried replacing the cable,...
  9. SSD Suddenly not Bootable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD Suddenly not Bootable?: I've been running windows 10 from a 240GB kingdom A400 SSD without issue. This morning the PC had rebooted but couldn't find a dive to boot from. I moved in another drive (already had windows installed), and it booted without issue. I could still read my old windows drive...
  10. How to make SSD bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make SSD bootable: I have an emachine desktop. I bought a Toshiba 1GB SSD that operates through a USB cord. My intention is to clone my emachine hard drive to the SSD portable drive and then plug it into a desktop computer and boot from the portable SSD so I have access to all my programs with...