Windows 10: SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

Discus and support SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have gotten an SSD a while back and now I decided I want to install windows on it as my HDD is getting very slow.I have a TUF gaming b360m-plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tecqq, May 16, 2023.

1. Tecqq Win User

SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

I have gotten an SSD a while back and now I decided I want to install windows on it as my HDD is getting very slow.I have a TUF gaming b360m-plus gaming s motherboard and a pretty up to date bios version.I can install windows on the SSD but I cannot boot off of it as it does not show in my BIOS in the boot order.The only way I can get it to show is if I enabled CMS in my bios, but if I enable CMS I am not able to install windows I get this error"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in

:)

Tecqq, May 16, 2023
  2. PM_594 Win User

How to remove ENG (CMS) keyboard layout

Thank you for the suggestion. This is similar to all forum posts on this topic. The problem is in Windows 10, the keyboard listing shows something like:

1) English (United States)

US Keyboard

2) English (Canada)

CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard

3) English (Canada)

US Keyboard

It is possible to go into Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language and add or remove English (Canada) and option 3 will appear or disappear from the tray. It is also possible to add or remove input settings for CMS Canadian Multilingual Standard
    for English (Canada) within the control panel and from settings. However, option 2 never gets removed from the tray at the bottom of the screen. Even with option 1 set as the default Windows keeps switching to option 2.

PM_594, May 16, 2023
  3. Alice1934 Win User
    cant remove english cms from windows 10

I have English US selected but suddenly I get canadian CMS I have tried the ctrl trick and changing the language which has now appeared on the task bar. I also tried the language settings but Canadian CMS does not appear on the language list just the English US

Alice1934, May 16, 2023
  4. Louie Del Win User

SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

Unable to use Simplify/CMS with Windows 10

Hi Cathi,

There can be a few reasons why bug appears when you use Simplify/CMS on your device. To help us determine the right steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device?
    • Are you getting an error message? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Louie Del, May 16, 2023
Thema:

1. SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows - Similar Threads - SSD showing bios

2. my memory integrity is disable i cant enable it , when i try to enable it it shows page is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my memory integrity is disable i cant enable it , when i try to enable it it shows page is...: please resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-memory-integrity-is-disable-i-cant-enable-it/3703897b-8cd4-4067-8522-e982b7412e5d
  3. my memory integrity is disable i cant enable it , when i try to enable it it shows page is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my memory integrity is disable i cant enable it , when i try to enable it it shows page is...: please resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-memory-integrity-is-disable-i-cant-enable-it/3703897b-8cd4-4067-8522-e982b7412e5d
  4. PC wont go into BIOS after I turn off CMS Support in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wont go into BIOS after I turn off CMS Support in BIOS: CPU; Intel i3-9100FGPU: GTX 1060 3GMOBO: Gigabyte H310M H 2.0I've been trying to fix this issue of enabling secure boot ever since last night and it keeps giving me nothing. My SSD boot is a GPT drive so it's off the problems, Intel PTT is on and working, I just need to...
  5. PC wont go into BIOS after I turn off CMS Support in BIOS

PC wont go into BIOS after I turn off CMS Support in BIOS: CPU; Intel i3-9100FGPU: GTX 1060 3GMOBO: Gigabyte H310M H 2.0I've been trying to fix this issue of enabling secure boot ever since last night and it keeps giving me nothing. My SSD boot is a GPT drive so it's off the problems, Intel PTT is on and working, I just need to...
  6. SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows: I have gotten an SSD a while back and now I decided I want to install windows on it as my HDD is getting very slow.I have a TUF gaming b360m-plus gaming s motherboard and a pretty up to date bios version.I can install windows on the SSD but I cannot boot off of it as it does...
  7. SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows

SSD not showing in bios when CMS disabled, but when CMS enabled I cant install windows: I have gotten an SSD a while back and now I decided I want to install windows on it as my HDD is getting very slow.I have a TUF gaming b360m-plus gaming s motherboard and a pretty up to date bios version.I can install windows on the SSD but I cannot boot off of it as it does...
  8. Ghost post issues on my CMS

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost post issues on my CMS: Hello guys, I was recommended to this forum on Telegram and my reason for being here is because for several days I have been having problems with my website and it is that every day approximately 7-8 notes are published in the "none" category and I don't know what do to stop...
  9. How to remove ENG CMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove ENG CMS: Hi, My PC is set for two languages: ENG (US) using US QWERTY layout and Canadian French using Canadian French QWERTY layout. When I wish to change language using ALT + SHIFT, it switches between ENG CMS, FRA and ENG. How ca I remove ENG CMS so I don't have to enter ALT...
  10. cant remove english cms from windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    cant remove english cms from windows 10: cant remove english cms from windows 10 114174