Windows 10: SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall

Discus and support SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Dell Inspiron Desktop PC which I've had for 3 years. Suddenly got blue screen of death today, and had to reinstall windows. THe only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ruisen2000, Aug 5, 2020.

1. SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall

I'm using a Dell Inspiron Desktop PC which I've had for 3 years. Suddenly got blue screen of death today, and had to reinstall windows.

THe only problem is, not only the HDD is showing up, the SSD doesn't show up anywhere.

The SSD does NOT show up in Device Manager under disks, only thing there is the HDD

It does NOT show up in Computer Management

It does NOT show up in diskpart > list disk

My DriverEasy is showing that I have Intel Chipset SATA Raid Controller installed, which seems like the device driver for the SSD but not 100% sure, couldn't find any info on this driver

In my BIOS, under system config > Drives, I do see a M.2 PCIE SSD-0, with type {None} and Device id {None}, SATA Operation is currently set to RAID On.

Does anyone know how to proceed from here? Most of the troubleshooting requires seeing it in the device manager, which I can't do because its not in the device manager.

:)

Ruisen2000, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Marco Gav Win User

USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Zafflower Win User
    SSD showing up as HDD in device manager

Hi,

I just installed a Samsung SSD 2TB drive. I already have two 2TB and 1TB SSD drives and one old Western Digital 2TB disk drive insatlled. My new SSD drive is working properly. I was able to format it and move files to it, but it shows up as a Western
    Digital hard drive in Device Manager. My new drive is listed properly in the BIOS as an SSD drive. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Zaffer

Zafflower, Aug 5, 2020
  4. seejp Win User

SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall

1. SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall - Similar Threads - SSD showing Device

2. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  3. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows: Hello there,Recently, I reinstalled my windows10 on my legion5 pro laptop and downloaded all the derivers from the lenovo system update app but I still fined myself with a lot of unknown devices under the other devices in device manager that can not be known or updated.So far...
  4. Unknown devices in device manager after reinstalling the windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows in bios

Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows in bios: Yesterday I had to reset and reinstall Windows on my pc cause of some problems but keeping my archives, but after that, Windows just stop recognizing my SSD. It shows in BIOS, but nowere else. I had rebooted many times before without this problem.After reading other similar...
  6. Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager: I uninstalled my bluetooth device in device manager, as a tutorial said, but when I went to reinstall the driver from the manufacturer, I haven't had success. I have restarted and tried multiple times. What do I do?...
  7. Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager

Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager: I uninstalled my bluetooth device in device manager, as a tutorial said, but when I went to reinstall the driver from the manufacturer, I haven't had success. I have restarted and tried multiple times. What do I do?...
  8. Bluetooth Uninstalled, and Reinstalled, still will not show in Device Manager

9. SSD showing up as HDD in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD showing up as HDD in device manager: Hi, I just installed a Samsung SSD 2TB drive. I already have two 2TB and 1TB SSD drives and one old Western Digital 2TB disk drive insatlled. My new SSD drive is working properly. I was able to format it and move files to it, but it shows up as a Western Digital hard...
  10. AMD drivers not showing up in device manager after reinstalling windows

AMD drivers not showing up in device manager after reinstalling windows: I recently added a SSD to my lenovo Z51-70 laptop. So, I installed windows 10 on ssd and deleted my windows hdd partitions. In new windows, I installed amd driver successfully. But after sometime my windows crashed and ran into error : driver power state failure. After that...