Windows 10: SSD not showing up in BIOS

Discus and support SSD not showing up in BIOS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! Around one week ago my SSD started to troll me, and my PC started to get blue screen every day with an error code of UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imveres, Jun 16, 2020.

1. SSD not showing up in BIOS

Hey! Around one week ago my SSD started to troll me, and my PC started to get blue screen every day with an error code of UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, I didn't cared about it too much, I jist restarted my PC and ignored it. But today I started to get blue screens every 30 minutes, with an error code of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and now, my SSD isn't shoeing up in the BIOS, my Windows isn't booting up. From one to another, my SSD just flew away. I tried other SATA cables, other SATA slots, but none of them worked. My other SSD is showing up in the BIOS. My motherboard: msi H110M Gaming My SSD: Kingston A400 240GB Any chep ideas?

submitted by /u/imveres
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imveres, Jun 16, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 16, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jun 16, 2020
  4. MMJII Win User

SSD not showing up in BIOS

SSD doesn't show up during windows install but is in the bios

Hello All,

I have a Precision T3600 that the HD went bad in.

I purchased a ssd to replace it and installed it.

The bios sees the ssd but during the attempts to install windows 7, and 10 on the system when the windows installation gets to selecting the drive to install windows on the drive does not display. I tried the suggestion
    to open a cmd prompt and use diskpart to create a partition on the ssd but the ssd doesn't show up in diskpart either. I have a duplicate working T3600 with win 7 on it. I used Macrium reflect and cloned the working T3600 to the new ssd installed it to the
    system and I get a no boot device. I even tried with a standard HD but still no luck no boot device.

The settings are bios A12, SATA/RAID enabled, ACHI enabled, UEFI.

I posted this to a Dell forum but decided to take a shot on the Windows forum as well because it seems to be a windows issue because the dell sees the drive is bios.

Any ideas how to get windows to see the ssd are appropriated.

Thanks.

MMJII, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

SSD not showing up in BIOS

1. SSD not showing up in BIOS - Similar Threads - SSD showing BIOS

2. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.: Hi, Iam using Dell latitude 5400 i7 8th gen laptop. I got it with 256 GB m.2 sata ssd which was slower. so I upgraded to m.2 nvme ssd from Western Digital WD SN570 1TB SSD. I backed up my data from previous ssd and removed the old ssd and installed new ssd into the system....
  3. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.: Hi, Iam using Dell latitude 5400 i7 8th gen laptop. I got it with 256 GB m.2 sata ssd which was slower. so I upgraded to m.2 nvme ssd from Western Digital WD SN570 1TB SSD. I backed up my data from previous ssd and removed the old ssd and installed new ssd into the system....
  4. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  6. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  7. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios

SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios: my ssd will not show up at all in windows but when i go into bios it is there. I have a mag b550 tomahawk and a gen 4 ssd by crucial and it is very new...
  9. SSD not showing up in boot order in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD not showing up in boot order in BIOS: I have an SSD that I want to use as my boot drive. I recently cloned my 250GB HDD to my 240GB SSD with Macrium Reflect (I want to put the operating system on the SSD and use the HDD for storage of videos, large games, etc.) This SSD shows up in task manager, but when I go...
  10. New SSD not detecting in windows. Shows up fine on Bios.

New SSD not detecting in windows. Shows up fine on Bios.: I have a sata 2.5 SSD 960GB that doesn't get detected by windows. I have enabled AHCI and "Hot plug" - my bios detects them just fine. - - its the ftm96... drive. Preview attachment IMG_20200126_223755.jpg [IMG] [IMG] [ATTACH] IMG_20200126_223755.jpg 2.4 MB but...