Windows 10: SSD not showing up

Discus and support SSD not showing up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I booted up my computer and it crashed. I shut it off and then booted it up again and it ran normally. However, when trying to access my external SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ginga52, Jun 27, 2022.

1. ginga52 Win User

SSD not showing up

I booted up my computer and it crashed. I shut it off and then booted it up again and it ran normally. However, when trying to access my external SSD which I installed a while ago, the drive and files don't show up.

:)

ginga52, Jun 27, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD not showing up :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 27, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

SSD not showing up

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond SSD not showing up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

SSD not showing up

1. SSD not showing up - Similar Threads - SSD showing

2. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...: Read toppic message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-brand-new-ssd-but-doesnt-show-up-for-me-to/834ff925-1d2b-4e35-b190-cdd5281b94fa
  3. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...: Read toppic message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-brand-new-ssd-but-doesnt-show-up-for-me-to/834ff925-1d2b-4e35-b190-cdd5281b94fa
  4. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]: Hello,As the title suggests, I've been experiencing quite frequently everytime a blue screen happened, it always says DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After that, my laptop would boot up just fine, BUT my SSD wouldn't show up anywhere, and diskmanagement shows it has 2GB storage, I...
  6. SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]

SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]: Hello,As the title suggests, I've been experiencing quite frequently everytime a blue screen happened, it always says DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After that, my laptop would boot up just fine, BUT my SSD wouldn't show up anywhere, and diskmanagement shows it has 2GB storage, I...
  7. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  8. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  9. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Bitlocker keeps showing up after the i've changed boot sequence to cloned SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker keeps showing up after the i've changed boot sequence to cloned SSD: I was cloning my HDD to my SSD. Now before cloning I disabled BitLocker and then clone the drive. After cloning was completed, I change the boot sequence to boot from HDD to the SSD. However bitlocker prompt kicked in asking my to enter the password. And I entered the...