Windows 10: Ssd not visible in bios

Discus and support Ssd not visible in bios in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PranshuPandey, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Ssd not visible in bios

I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start checking for disk repair. My ssd also not visible in bios option only hdd is showing, so please explain me how my ssd become primary device and visible in bios menu.

:)

PranshuPandey, Feb 11, 2022

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 11, 2022
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Feb 11, 2022
  4. Ssd not visible in bios

Windows 10 can't see SSD in Disk management but it's visible under Device Manager & BIOS

I have a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD, removed one of the working drives and connected the SSD instead. I see the SSD in the BIOS and under Disk Drives in Device Manager but it's not visible at all under Disk Management and File Explorer. No visible meaning not even as an unallocated drive or a drive needing formatting or needing a drive letter.

I went through the suggestions of running the Memory Diagnostics utility and uninstalling the 'Standard SATA AHCI Controller' from the device manager. Rebooted and noticed the AHCI controller is back. Maybe Windows needs it.
    The boot drive is a regular hard drive.
    I will try placing the boot drive and the SSD in different SATA ports.

Any other suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Tony_Henrich, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

Ssd not visible in bios

1. Ssd not visible in bios - Similar Threads - Ssd visible bios

2. Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11: I have a Dell Inspiron 3910 Desktop with a 2TB Seagate HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102 and an SSD. Windows boots from the SSD, and that works fine and as expected. The 2TB HDD is for data only.The HDD is no longer visible from Windows in any way I can think of, including:File...
  3. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  4. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  5. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Ssd not visible in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not visible in bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  7. Ssd not visible in bios

Ssd not visible in bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  8. SSD not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not visible in Windows: SITUATIONMy MoBo Asrock H110M-ITXac has 4 SATA portsMy boot drive SSD Samsung 860 Pro with OS Windows 10 Pro c/w all updates is connected to SATA port 1My optical drive LG GH24NSD1 is connected to SATA port 4I recently purchased 2 x Intenso 2.5 inch SATA III SSD'sI connected...
  9. ssd to bios

ssd to bios: hi my father in law has bought a new Samsung ssd hard drive for his desktop its a novatech model desktop but could someone explain once he installs the ssd how he changes it so it becomes his new c drive as we are not really tech minded if you need any more information...
  10. SSD and the Bios?

SSD and the Bios?: Hey, I'm trying to think ahead here... I'm expecting a new SSD in the mail soon... Will I have to change any of the settings in my laptops bios before I start it up and install Windows? 32107