Windows 10: SSD not working after putting it in my new build

Discus and support SSD not working after putting it in my new build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For Christmas I got new parts and assembled the PC, but now my ssd from my old computer that has Windows 10 Pro OS on it is saying that its not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CamdenMyers, Dec 27, 2019.

1. SSD not working after putting it in my new build

For Christmas I got new parts and assembled the PC, but now my ssd from my old computer that has Windows 10 Pro OS on it is saying that its not a bootable drive. Any help?

:)

CamdenMyers, Dec 27, 2019

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Jacko28er Win User
    New Gaming Build

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my PC as it's getting fairly old now and showing its age. Would you be able to provide me with some feedback on the below build.

I'm using a 1.5k budget.

Cheap Laptops, Tablet PC, and Cheap LED TVs | Ebuyer.com

The GPU isn't listed, but I will be using a GTX 970 and I also have a Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB mainly for my OS. (SSD was added recently to my current rig).

All feedback / suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,

Jacko28er, Dec 27, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

SSD not working after putting it in my new build

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

SSD not working after putting it in my new build

1. SSD not working after putting it in my new build - Similar Threads - SSD working putting

2. Putting in a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting in a ssd: can someone help, I have a 500gb ssd that i havent put in. Can someone tlel me how. I have a 256gb ssd curently dont know how many slots of ssd hard drives i have I also have 2tb hhd. Can i transfer all my current data to my hhd and then put in the ssd or is there another...
  3. Putting in a ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting in a ssd: can someone help, I have a 500gb ssd that i havent put in. Can someone tlel me how. I have a 256gb ssd curently dont know how many slots of ssd hard drives i have I also have 2tb hhd. Can i transfer all my current data to my hhd and then put in the ssd or is there another...
  4. Just put a new ssd in my pc and now it's not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just put a new ssd in my pc and now it's not working.: so i just got a new ssd to replace my old hdd entirely because it started really slowing down my pc. I put the ssd where the old hdd's cables were sata and the big one and my pc is booting up, but afterwards it says no boot device found press any key to reboot. I checked the...
  5. will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    will my oem windows activate if my ssd fries and i put in a new ssd: Hi,i have a dell xps 15 9560. whose ssd stopped working, so i am putting in a new ssd, if i do a clean install of windows, will it automatically activate or will i have to buy it again?...
  6. REACTIVATION of Win Pro after cloning to SSD & putting in new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    REACTIVATION of Win Pro after cloning to SSD & putting in new computer: We replaced an old out dated computer with a new refurb at work. The old computer's HDD was cloned, using a Sabrent offline cloner, to a new SSD which was put in the new refurb computer. Everything works including Windows Except for Win 10 pro reactivation. I used Belarc...
  7. my new ssd won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my new ssd won't work: so i had gotten a new SSD and i got it inside computer and when I first turned it on it just said that your computer couldn't start up and it did this even when I restarted the computer and after trying the options to fix it one of them worked, then i checked file explorer to...
  8. I have an SSD that won’t work in my laptop but works fine via USB. I put a new SSD with a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an SSD that won’t work in my laptop but works fine via USB. I put a new SSD with a...: Older versions of Windows had the easy transfer options but now it appears as if those are all gone. What do? submitted by /u/SpaceForceAwakens [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hty6y8/i_have_an_ssd_that_wont_work_in_my_laptop_but/
  9. After installing a new SSD and putting windows 10 on this to allow me to use my current...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing a new SSD and putting windows 10 on this to allow me to use my current...: Attached is link to the OneDrive folder containing the latest three DMP files. After installing the SSD, after re-downloading League of Legends onto the SSD and running, it will occasionally crash with no error log, and other times the system will blue screen with the latest...
  10. New pc build ssd and hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New pc build ssd and hdd: Hello, I am planning a brand new build and would like to install a 120gb ssd as my boot disk, and a 1Tb for pretty much everything else. What is the best way to go about this? And how do I make the hdd the default for downloads, storage, etc. This will be a clean, new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd not showing up new build