Windows 10: SSD not working

Discus and support SSD not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased an OCZ ARC 100, 240 gig's SSD about a month ago. From the beginning it was rather tricky to get working, but at last I succeeded, though it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjorn1, Jan 19, 2016.

1. bjorn1 Win User

SSD not working

I purchased an OCZ ARC 100, 240 gig's SSD about a month ago. From the beginning it was rather tricky to get working, but at last I succeeded, though it still 'disappeared' once in a while. But the last couple of days it seems it's totally dead - that is, when I dock it into a USB-station everything's fine in SSD Guru, health, drivers updated, etc. I already have an OCZ Vertex 2 for Windows 10, which is just fine. I've tried swapping cables between the two so it's not a sata port thing. Now I wonder if I should make a RMA or if there's someone here who has an idea of what to try? Regards, Knut

:)

bjorn1, Jan 19, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Jan 19, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

SSD not working

OCZ are known to of had issues similar to this. When you switched cables, did you try a different port for this SSD ?
    Does it show in the BIOS ? Firmware update, but i do not think it corrects issues like this, worth a try. Also is all important system drivers up to date, Chipset, SATA Controller ? If none work i would RMA it.

Loading site please wait...

jds63, Jan 19, 2016
  5. bjorn1 Win User
    Tried different ports to no avail - gonna RMA it. The "funny" thing is, that my Vertex 2 also was buggy so I had to RMA that as well ;-( Anyway, thanks for the help.

bjorn1, Jan 20, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    RMA is in order. I had a lot of problems with OCZs. And I bought them since 2009 ( for $260 for a 64GB SSD at the time). But they never gave me problems with the RMAs. Some I RMAd twice.

The SSDs I like the most now are Mushkins. Cheap, fast and a good track record.

7. snoopy51 Win User
    I must be one lucky dude. I am using Agility 3, Vertex 3, Vertex 4 and ARC 100 without any problem on primary Dell Desktops.
    Last year switched to Sandisk and Samsung EVO 850. So far so good!

Have you done any extensive diagnostic to test ARC 100?

snoopy51, Jan 20, 2016
  8. makisxxx Win User

SSD not working

Look this
    I got an Old X58 Board with Intel SATA2 Controller and Marvel SATA3 controller
    EVO 850 + Kingston V300 Both SATA3 Drives
    This are the speeds I get with Marvel

SSD not working [​IMG]

SSD not working [​IMG]

Now tell me should I use better intels SATA2 Controller?
    its a joke

makisxxx, Jan 20, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    It is kind of low for Samsung Evo should be in 500MB/s and the Marvell is SATA 3 unlike mentioning Intel is SATA 2 so would be less. Also could be due to other older hardware specs.

jds63, Jan 20, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    Best bet since you can. Truthfully even though they are more expensive i like Samsung SSD's and i have a Crucial SSD that did the same thing as your OCZ was doing and Crucial is known to be a good SSD at a low cost. I did the same as you switching cables and ports, since a different SSD was put in place no issues ever since. Thing about RMA's is they will usually send you a refurbished SSD back which is what happened to me with my RMA'd Crucial.
    Good luck !

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  11. makisxxx Win User
    Here are the Benchmarks Samsung SSD EVO 850 SATA3+ Kingston SSD 300V SATA3 on Intel SATA2 Controller

SSD not working [​IMG]

SSD not working [​IMG]

Yes the Board (gigabyte X58) is old but still wondering should I use Intel Sata2 or Marvell Sata3 ??
    *Shock

makisxxx, Jan 21, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    I would expect it to be even lower on SATA 2, Samsung is a SATA 3. Like said some is due to other hardware i felt.

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  13. makisxxx Win User

SSD not working

those are the benchmarks on SATA2. as you see write speed is higher than on SATA3 . only read speed is higher on SATA3.im confused dunno what to do *Confused

makisxxx, Jan 21, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    Yes you showed both benchmarks. Basically should be using the SATA 3 for the SSD's. I did not look well at your motherboard to see how many ports what they should be used for as some are and can be different more for optical drives.

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

SSD not working

1. SSD not working - Similar Threads - SSD working

2. ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD: When I open file explorer and try to open a specific drive SSD it just says “Working on it…” indefinitely. This all started when I was deleting large files off of it to clear up space. I can still view the drive’s properties and all that, I just can’t access anything on it. I...
  3. how do i turn back my windows boot external ssd int a working ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn back my windows boot external ssd int a working ssd: i downloaded windows to my 2tb ssd with the intention to download it to a new laptop, but i cant get my ssd back.every one of my files is gone, but to mae matters worse it still shows that its a "esd-usb" thing and its 32gb instead of 2 tb.how do i get my ssd back?...
  4. how do i turn back my windows boot external ssd int a working ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i turn back my windows boot external ssd int a working ssd: i downloaded windows to my 2tb ssd with the intention to download it to a new laptop, but i cant get my ssd back.every one of my files is gone, but to mae matters worse it still shows that its a "esd-usb" thing and its 32gb instead of 2 tb.how do i get my ssd back?...
  5. WD SSD blue not working partially

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD SSD blue not working partially: I have wd sata ssd wired externally into a working pc. However I am unable to format the hard disk partially. The SSD is having 2 partitions F & G. I can open G but not F. Also it's not detected in diskpart, disk management or any partition managers like easus or aomei etc....
  6. WD SSD blue not working partially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD SSD blue not working partially: I have wd sata ssd wired externally into a working pc. However I am unable to format the hard disk partially. The SSD is having 2 partitions F & G. I can open G but not F. Also it's not detected in diskpart, disk management or any partition managers like easus or aomei etc....
  7. WD SSD blue not working partially

8. Windows 10 won't work. Download of Win 10 not working. Formatting SSD not working.

Windows 10 won't work. Download of Win 10 not working. Formatting SSD not working.: I have a Vulcan Venture II laptop computer with a 30 GB SSD. Windows 10 quit working. I get a black screen after log in. I can get to the Program Manager with Control-Alt-Del. I want to reinstall Windows 10. I went to Microfsoft website, and downloaded Windows 10. I did this...
  9. Windows 10 won't work. Download of Win 10 not working. Formatting SSD not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't work. Download of Win 10 not working. Formatting SSD not working.: I have a Vulcan Venture II laptop computer with a 30 GB SSD. Windows 10 quit working. I get a black screen after log in. I can get to the Program Manager with Control-Alt-Del. I want to reinstall Windows 10. I went to Microfsoft website, and downloaded Windows 10. I did this...
  10. Windows 10 won't work. Download of Win 10 not working. Formatting SSD not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade