Windows 10: SSD NVMe not accessible after 21h1 update

Discus and support SSD NVMe not accessible after 21h1 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I did every windows updates I could find and now my PC is really slow on boot and don't have access to my NVMe SSD ...I have an error message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by B. Laurans, Aug 3, 2021.

1. SSD NVMe not accessible after 21h1 update

Hi,I did every windows updates I could find and now my PC is really slow on boot and don't have access to my NVMe SSD ...I have an error message saying "access denied".Here is what I tried :Use the restore pointWorked the first time I first tried to apply the update around 1st july, was failing so I postponed until nowNot working anymoreReinstall WindowsDid it, didn't fixed the issueI now need to reinstall every software ... I lost my office 2016 key ...Format the diskthe assistant fails to formatUse a bootable usb with a live windowsnormally access the datapilote version 10.0.14393.0Here

:)

B. Laurans, Aug 3, 2021

2. Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, Aug 3, 2021
  3. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Aug 3, 2021
  4. shminkie Win User

SSD NVMe not accessible after 21h1 update

M2 NVME SSD

So you think it truly is worth it to have windows installed on an M2 NVME SSD instead of installing it on a sata-600 ssd and installing your most important software on the M2 NVME SSD ?

shminkie, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

SSD NVMe not accessible after 21h1 update

1. SSD NVMe not accessible after 21h1 update - Similar Threads - SSD NVMe accessible

2. Slow NVME SSD performance after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow NVME SSD performance after update: Hi there.Couple weeks ago I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.Recently I've noticed, that everything is "HDD-slow" on my relatively fresh laptop - long boot times, wake from sleep stucks for 10+ seconds on lockscreen, unusually slow in file explorer and while loading...
  3. Slow NVME SSD performance after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow NVME SSD performance after update: Hi there.Couple weeks ago I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.Recently I've noticed, that everything is "HDD-slow" on my relatively fresh laptop - long boot times, wake from sleep stucks for 10+ seconds on lockscreen, unusually slow in file explorer and while loading...
  4. BSOD after recovery image to NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after recovery image to NVMe SSD: Hi,I have a Windows 10 LTSC 21H2 OS at the SATA SSD and I back OS image by using Microsoft DISM command "Capture-Image" to capture to a .wim file.After capture, using "Apply-Image" to apply OS image to a NVMe SSD and using bceboot command create boot file, using bcdedit...
  5. An Update AFTER 21H1

An Update AFTER 21H1: Check for Updates There is a .NET Cumulative update AFTER 21H1, KB4601554. Requires a Restart Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-update-after-21h1/c0773638-8276-420a-8b56-a00bad3d359e
  6. HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone: Here is my issues, after cloning, I can find the SSD but once boot with that the screen is hanging. Have to use HDD to boot. Please help how to modify it. Do I need to redo it. [img] [img] 175565
  7. M2 NVME SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M2 NVME SSD: How much exactly does Windows 10 benefit from being installed on an M2 NVME SSD compared to a SATA-600 SSD ? Other than a faster boot time, how exactly does windows benefit from the direct connection to the cpu that an NVME SSD offers?...
  8. Nvme ssd is buggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvme ssd is buggy: I have 3 drives in my pc one is new ssd with windows(main boot drive)and second one is my older hhd i salvaged fron ntbk the third one is m.2 nvme ssd. So i just updated my audio driver and restarted my pc, but the nvme is not showing up. But when i boot up fron the hdd the...
  9. Nvme and SSD's dissepear all the time after 1909 update

Nvme and SSD's dissepear all the time after 1909 update: Hello, I had a desktop build which contains Ryzen 2700x, Msi x370 pro carbon, 16x2 3200mhz rams and 2x Nvme's and 2x SSD's. I build this computer in 2018 December. Everything was fine till the 1909 update. After some time, my Nvme Samsung Evo 970 256gb gone while...
  10. NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME SSD: Do all versions of Windows 10, including business (Volume license), have built in NVme drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-ssd/4df34df6-e834-425b-b1c1-716012fe31a6