Windows 10: SSD on PCIe card disk usage 100% when writing and it stalls

Discus and support SSD on PCIe card disk usage 100% when writing and it stalls in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two Kingston ssd drives hooked up to a PCIe x4 raid controller from Vantec and very frequently when I copy or write files to it, disk usage hits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dariushd, Mar 26, 2019.

1. dariushd Win User

SSD on PCIe card disk usage 100% when writing and it stalls

I have two Kingston ssd drives hooked up to a PCIe x4 raid controller from Vantec and very frequently when I copy or write files to it, disk usage hits 100% and MB/s goes to 0 for about 1-2 minutes and the drive and the write operation stalls. I’ve had this happen on two drives in a raid stripe on the vantec card and a single OCZ Vertex drive on second Asus non raid PCIe card. Windows is installed on an m.2 ssd and works without such a problem and two other ssd drives I have hooked up to the mobo (Asus z390 board) also have no such problem. I have had both cards in PCIe x1 as well as in x16 slots and I get the same behavior. Is my mobo setup wrong or these cards or what? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

:)

dariushd, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Skrulz Win User

Disk usage 100%, read/write 0kbps

Okay, so

Lately I've had crazy boot and load times, and what appeared to be disk issues (usage was 100%, read/write was little-to-none). Disabled a few things in services.msc (superfetch and windows search), which fixed the 100% constant usage.

But boot and load are unaffected. and i've also found that in games(Ark) and stress tests (prime95 blend), i can't get ram usage over 5.6/8.

I'm not sure if the problems are related. This is my first foray into 10forums, and my tech knowledge is limited.

any thoughts or suggestions? will provide details as needed

Skrulz, Mar 26, 2019
  3. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

1. SSD on PCIe card disk usage 100% when writing and it stalls - Similar Threads - SSD PCIe card

2. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  3. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  4. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  6. Disk 100% usage with no read or write.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100% usage with no read or write.: I got an error task amanger indicating that disk 100% usage with no read or wrtie.I tried clean boot, reset virtual memory, update windows 11 to the newest update, sfc, dism, memory check, and disk repair. It still does not work well. It start the error when heavy load occurs...
  7. SSD Disk Usage 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD Disk Usage 100%: Hello I've been using Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 for around six months now. My experience was pretty satisfactory at first, but I've been encountering the same problems for the past three weeks that didn't happen before: 100% disk usage after using my notebook for some period...
  8. 100% ssd Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% ssd Disk usage: Whenever I put the ssd under load such as downloading a game, it drastically slows down and shows the image below in task manager. When the game is just starting to download, task manager shows upwards of 200MB/s at around 60% disk usage, before dropping. It may also be noted...
  9. Windows Defender writing 100% disk usage on SSD. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender writing 100% disk usage on SSD. Why?: Why would windows defender be writing gigabytes of data to my drive during a full scan, writing to the disk at 100% (over 100 mbps)? Windows defender gets stuck for a long time at a few consecutive files while doing a full scan. When I opened up task manager, for most of the...
  10. SSD on PCIe card disk usage 100% when writing and it stalls

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD on PCIe card disk usage 100% when writing and it stalls: I have two Kingston ssd drives hooked up to a PCIe x4 raid controller from Vantec and very frequently when I copy or write files to it, disk usage hits 100% and MB/s goes to 0 for about 1-2 minutes and the drive and the write operation stalls. I’ve had this happen on two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pcie ssd issue 100%

2. ssd drive stalls on write