Windows 10: SSD on Widows 10

Discus and support SSD on Widows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 on my laptop, recently I change my HDD to SSD on the same laptop , my question , whether I can Defragment the ssd or not , if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbdurRahim.1955, Aug 9, 2019.

1. SSD on Widows 10

I am using windows 10 on my laptop, recently I change my HDD to SSD on the same laptop , my question , whether I can Defragment the ssd or not , if I do it is there any problem of the ssd or shall I put the win optimizer automatic disk analysed and defragmentation off , I am using AVG pc tune up , they said in the software by defragment the ssd will shortent its life . Please help

:)

AbdurRahim.1955, Aug 9, 2019
  2. HairyFool Win User

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Widows 10

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the display drivers by the steps provided below and check for the status.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

SSD on Widows 10

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD on Widows 10 :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

SSD on Widows 10

1. SSD on Widows 10 - Similar Threads - SSD Widows

2. Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone: I reinstalled windows 10 onto my new ssd from the usb media and wen i loaded my desktop back up all my apps and games were gone. I check my hardrive and the storage is still there with everything but i have to reinstall everything even tho its on my drive. When i do...
  3. Migrating Windows 10 1903 to a new SSD

Migrating Windows 10 1903 to a new SSD: I originally had a PC running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I would like to migrate my current system to a new faster SSD. Can someone please suggest a simple way of doing this. I have come across various links which refer to "Boot from your...
  4. Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD

Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD: I have a Samsung Laptop which had Windows 7 on it. I have replaced the HDD with a new, unused SSD (500Gb). I then tried installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB created using the Microsoft tool. I changed the boot order to USB 1st, and set the SATA Mode to AHCI manually....
  5. Ruined SSD due to Windows Update

Ruined SSD due to Windows Update: Hi Microsoft, Let me tell you a story... A PC that is not being used regularly due to annual leave, Windows begins to install the latest 'update' (lets not hide the truth - you are practically renewing the OS every 6 months! leading to exorbitant update times and...
  6. Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another: I have two SanDisk SSD 120GB in my computer. I am running out of space and the one that boots up (with Windows OS on it) is dying. 1) How can I see what is on each individual SSD? I have everything backed up and there was very little on the two SSDs to begin with. 2) My...
  7. Upgrading to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to SSD: I have built in WIndows 10 home installed in my HDD but I want to transfer it to my SSD without losing my Activation …..can u help me out with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-ssd/a75ebf49-9a54-4fb5-be39-a3fe0012160e"
  8. Blue screen when i install application for windows 10 in my ssd

Blue screen when i install application for windows 10 in my ssd: first, im sorry for im just a noob in this things and i want you to help me *Sad i just buy a new ssd adata 120gb to replace my hdd wd 500gb, and i want to install my windows 10 in that ssd the problem is, whenever i want to install application ex: office,mozilla,etc and the...
  9. SSD cannot be recognized in laptop after putting HDD from dead PC

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD cannot be recognized in laptop after putting HDD from dead PC: Hello, just a quick question from a newbie on the forums, After just recently moving into a new house as of this week, I had dug out a dead Dell laptop that I had used to use last year until one day the motherboard had gotten corroded from water damage. After opening it up...
  10. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair & Windows Installation not found SSD

Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair & Windows Installation not found SSD: Hello, I want to know to fix to fix this stuck screen! It doesn't loadup Menu or anything, its stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" Text Forever. No Loading icon too. My Lapyop is Cube i9. I have following question: - How to fix stuck preparing automatic repair screen -...