Windows 10: SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.

Discus and support SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I'm having an issue with my setup where none of my SSD's can be optimized. As can be seen in the screenshot all of the SSD's are greyed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Surgikill, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Surgikill Win User

SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my setup where none of my SSD's can be optimized. As can be seen in the screenshot all of the SSD's are greyed out for optimization and are listed as optimization not available. I made sure that DisableDeleteNotify is enabled. I also tried going into powershell trying to manually trim the drives and received errors there as well. There is also attached screenshots showing current AHCI controller drivers. Another thing to note is that defrag and optimize drives says that optimization was last run on Feb 2 for my C drive, but never run on the other drives. I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. I think it might have to do with me having an AMD system.

Specs:
    Ryzen 7 2700x
    Asus ROG X470-F
    Corsiar Vengeance LPX 2x16GB RAM
    Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, 500GB
    SanDisk SSDNow 250gb
    GTX 980ti
    EVGA 850 G3 PSU
    Windows 10 1809

SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's. [​IMG]

:)

Surgikill, Feb 15, 2019

2. When I run optimization on my SSD, it says trimmed. Is that ok

I know that SSD's should not be defragmented When I run optimization with the defragment tool on My SSD's, RIGHT

away it says Trimmed and stops running. Is that ok and is that all I need to keep my SD's in good shape?

Thanks, Brad

Mystical P, Feb 15, 2019
  3. When I run optimization on my SSD, it says trimmed. Is that ok

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Yes, SSD’s shouldn’t be defragmented and since the SSD says Trimmed, it means that the SSD drive is optimized and in perfect condition.

TRIM makes sure that your SSD performance doesn't degrade with use, and keeps it as fast as new.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 15, 2019
  4. SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.

SSD Optimization help

"I was asking if the optimize button would trim the ssd"

Your Welcome,

And "Yes" the Optimize Button will "Trim" your SSD. Like Dave and others here has mentioned Windows 10 sets the SSD to Trim by default.

I Hope This Helps You...

Good Luck And Best Regards...

Leprechaun J, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.

1. SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's. - Similar Threads - SSD optimization TRIM

2. ssd optimization issue TRIM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd optimization issue TRIM: I have 3 ssd's installed on my computer . . one of the drives cannot be optimised when the tools option is selected the ssd properties optimization not available does anyone know a fix?OS WINDOWS 11...
  3. ssd optimization issue TRIM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd optimization issue TRIM: I have 3 ssd's installed on my computer . . one of the drives cannot be optimised when the tools option is selected the ssd properties optimization not available does anyone know a fix?...
  4. SSD TRIM Not Running As Scheduled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD TRIM Not Running As Scheduled: I have the SSD in my Win10 desktop set to TRIM weekly, but it isn't running as scheduled. Any idea why? [img] 154593
  5. Manual Optimization of SSD vs enabling TRIM

Manual Optimization of SSD vs enabling TRIM: I have a factory installed SSD and also a second 7200 rpm HDD. The factory default setting SATA mode for BIOS/UEFI storage controller is RAID instead of AHCI. To enable TRIM, it would require the RAID configuration to be changed to AHCI. What looks strange after running...
  6. how often should my ssd be optimized with trim questions on trim

how often should my ssd be optimized with trim questions on trim: how often should my ssd be optimized with trim I have a ssd and a 2nd standard 7200 rpm hd. Now I defrag the hhd but and optimize the ssd. will this optimization with trim hurt the ssd How different is optimization with trim on ssd vs defrag the 7200 hd 142372
  7. SSD Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD Optimization: I've recently had to install the 1903 Feature Update. I had delayed this by changing settings to indicate I was on a metered connection and Microsoft gave me the option to update. Eventually they must have lost patience and I no longer had the option. Previous Feature updates...
  8. ssd trim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  9. SSD optimize

SSD optimize: I don't know anything about the SSD in my machine. I have Windows optimizer set for monthly as I thought we should do. Please correct me if I am wrong. Then I read the following and wonder if all this is necessary for the average user to treat the SSD properly? Things You...
  10. SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD optimization and TRIM unable to run on all SSD's.: Hey guys, So I'm having an issue with my setup where none of my SSD's can be optimized. As can be seen in the screenshot all of the SSD's are greyed out for optimization and are listed as optimization not available. I made sure that DisableDeleteNotify is enabled. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd never run needs optimization