Windows 10: SSD problems with Windows 10

Discus and support SSD problems with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, yesterday I have updated my windows before turning my computer off, and I've been having problems with it today. First I should clarify that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zarbonito, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Zarbonito Win User

SSD problems with Windows 10

Hi, yesterday I have updated my windows before turning my computer off, and I've been having problems with it today.

First I should clarify that I have Windows 10 installed on both my HDD and my SSD, I have used my HDD as the boot drive until I got my SSD about a year ago. When I turned my computer on today I realized it was booting me into my HDD. After a quick check in my BIOS, I saw my SSD no longer appeared as a boot drive but was recognized and working properly when using windows through my HDD; I managed to open several files on the SSD without encountering a single problem.

I have concluded that the update might have gone wrong and that my Windows was corrupted, so I attempted to repair my drive. After multiple failed attempts DSKCHK and the normal start up repair tools, I reset my PC and attempted to login, but now I found myself in an endless loop of blue screens. After running some repairs yet again, I finally managed to go past the login screen where I was stuck for a good 10 minutes after entering my password, but everything is completely black and I cannot access my task manager no taskbar, Ctrl+Alt+Del works but after selecting task manager, I still cannot see neither the window or anything else besides Edge and an NVidia notification. I have tried to disconnect everything but my mouse and keyboard, but you can probably already guess it made no difference at all.

I am honestly completely lost and fruatrated and I have no idea how to approach this situation anymore. Some help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

:)

Zarbonito, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. SSD problems with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SSD problems

2. Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop: I have a MSI GL65 Leopard 9SCSK laptop, i recently brought SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD, it shows 2 SSD slots in BIOS under PCIE information but when i opened my laptop in the motherboard 2 SSD slots are visible but only 1 of the two which was supporting GEN 3 SSD have the option to...
  3. Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop: I have a MSI GL65 Leopard 9SCSK laptop, i recently brought SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD, it shows 2 SSD slots in BIOS under PCIE information but when i opened my laptop in the motherboard 2 SSD slots are visible but only 1 of the two which was supporting GEN 3 SSD have the option to...
  4. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  5. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  6. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

7. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  8. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  9. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

10. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....