Windows 10: SSD questions, new to SSD drives

Discus and support SSD questions, new to SSD drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by debgram, May 30, 2019.

1. debgram Win User

SSD questions, new to SSD drives

Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks!

:)

debgram, May 30, 2019
  2. DanAz_66 Win User

new SSD

ok I reply to myself

after a deep research about to how do a secure erase of a SSD

Follow these steps to delete partitions in OSX:

- Ensure the SSD is connected and is not the boot drive

- In Finder, go to Utilities and open the Disk Utility (I used my Windows 7 CD ROM)

- Highlight the SSD, and go to the Partition tab

- Under Partition Layout, select 1 Partition

- Click on Options... and make sure that GUID Partition Table is selected.

- Click on Apply to create a single large partition on the SSD.

- After the partition is created, click on it so it becomes highlighted.

- Click the minus sign (-) to remove the partition.

Once you've followed these steps, you will need to let the drive sit idle for an extended period, ideally at least overnight. This will allow an in-built function called Garbage Collection to clean all the cells and effectively prepare the drive for re-use.
    Avoiding this step could result in poor performance when re-using the SSD.

Source

end the discussion

thanks everyone..!!!

especially myself who actually find the answer to my own question.!!

DanAz_66, May 30, 2019
  3. HDD to new SSD Question

I'm going to upgrade my laptop with a SSD along side my HDD which currently has windows 10 on it, or course. My question is, is it possible to move that version of windows 10 on the new SSD and boot it from there or do I just have to run a clean version
    from the SSD?

Rodrick Boley, May 30, 2019
  4. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. SSD questions, new to SSD drives - Similar Threads - SSD questions SSD

2. SSD question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD question: Hello, I have a question. I have bought a 1TB SSD from crucial.com Crucial MX500 1000GB 2.5 inch SSD. My SSD that Is installed on the computer is a 250GB SSD. Should I get rid of the 250GB SSD and go ahead and buy a new Operating System Windows 10 Home which is the cheapest,...
  3. SSD question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD question: Windows 10 20H2 has been writing 3x more than reading on my SSD, I don't even write that much data myself. It's averaging about 50GBs a day everyday since I bought it and it's chopping the life off my SSD. I've had S.M.A.R.T bullshit me before but I think that's not the case...
  4. windows on SSD drive questions

windows on SSD drive questions: Hi hopefully someone can help with this please... I have a device called iOTA Base that has a tiny 32 GB memory and come installed with Windows 10 home edition. The tiny memory is causing problems running windows even with all documents etc on a SD card. I am getting...
  5. Question about new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about new SSD: Hi, I'll get straight to the point. I've been using my HDD for a long time now and I tried to update my windows and it just wont update. Not through the updater integrated in windows, the update asistant or even using the image tool ISO or direct Upgrade. It just keeps on...
  6. New SSD for wife's laptop question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New SSD for wife's laptop question: Trying to speed up wife's laptop. All set to buy internal SSD. Is it as simple as connecting the SSD to the laptop with a USB to SATA adapter, and them asking Macrium to do an image to the SSD ? Then swap out the old spinner. 144337
  7. Installing New SSD Questions

Installing New SSD Questions: Hello, I am installing a new SSD in my younger brothers PC and just want to make sure that I know what I am doing before I do it. Against my better judgement he bought a prebuilt PC from bestbuy that didnt come with an SSD so naturally his OS is on a HDD, my question is what...
  8. new ssd drive

new ssd drive: bought ssd drive for dell 3521, need tips on transferring windows and operating system to new drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-drive/753d7a65-1691-4a40-89ed-e8911b00f93c
  9. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  10. SSD question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD question: Samsung Magician isn't Win 10 ready. Can I uninstall it? Will Win 10 properly manage my SSD without Magician? Sometimes my PC will not shut down. It powers off, but a few seconds later reboots. I suspect Magician and Windows incompatibility. Early reports of Win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does ssd 850 evo has drivers