Windows 10: SSD randomly slow on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support SSD randomly slow on Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Experts, I'm encountering a very strange problem on my Asus Zenbook UX430UQ, equipped with SSD Micron Micron_1100_MTFDDAV512TBN. Since some days,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pini Roberto, Mar 11, 2019.

1. SSD randomly slow on Windows 10 laptop

Dear Experts,

I'm encountering a very strange problem on my Asus Zenbook UX430UQ, equipped with SSD Micron Micron_1100_MTFDDAV512TBN. Since some days, especially at the first start after a shutdown period, the SSD is very slow (eg: 30 mb / s in random reading on CrystalMark, when the value is generally around 520 mb / s). The problem usually is solved simply rebooting the laptop. I tried to change the settings of power managament, and followed several tutorials, but I can not understand the root cause of the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot.

:)

Pini Roberto, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    slow ssd

Hi,

Slow SSD performance can be caused by several factors like Hybernation mode and Superfetch service.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try disabling Hibernate mode since it is unnecessary for the SSD system as it takes too much time to boot from it.

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials once prompted.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and paste this command:

powercfg -h off
    • Press Enter.

Note: Once Hibernate is already disabled, you can also free up some space to improve its performance.

We also recommenddisabing Superfetch as one way to optimize the SSD performance:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run
      dialog box.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down and right-click on Superfetch.
    • Select Stop.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

*If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.*

Arjay Dom, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

SSD randomly slow on Windows 10 laptop

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

SSD randomly slow on Windows 10 laptop

1. SSD randomly slow on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - SSD randomly slow

2. My laptop randomly started acting slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop randomly started acting slow: i got this new gaming laptop a week or two ago, today when i turned it on its started acting slow, it used to take afew seconds to boot up but now it takes about a minute, it takes longer to log in, apps take longer to open/load, what's happening?! submitted by...
  3. SSD is incredibly slow on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD is incredibly slow on Windows 10: On Windows 10 Build 18363.778 using CrystalDiskMark8, my Samsung NVMe 970 500GB SSD hits about 3500 MBs/2500 MBs sequential read/write. When I copy 51GB worth of photos and movies from one folder to another ON THE SAME DRIVE, the transfer speed shown by File Explorer never...
  4. slow windows 10 boot new ssd

slow windows 10 boot new ssd: i got my first ssd crucial mx500 500gb and it takes 40 seconds to boot from cold 377gb is FREE out of 465gb SSD I get windows 10 blue circle before i get the login screen before i enabled fast boot in bios i got the motherboard logo that is asus now i get the windows 10...
  5. Slow Laptop even after putting SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Laptop even after putting SSD: [img] The above images shows my configurations. I replaced my HDD with a 445 GB SSD. It was working smoothly at first, but now even with the SSD, my laptop keeps hanging unless I connect my charger to the laptop. For some reason my laptop works better with the charger. I...
  6. Upgraded To Windows 10 and With SSD (Still Slow)

Upgraded To Windows 10 and With SSD (Still Slow): Hello All. Recently I just upgraded an old laptop from 2012(Samsung Series 3 Notebook) to Windows 10. I also upgraded from HDD to SSD. I must say that doing tasks does seem more snappier and quicker. Though the boot is still the same time as with my old HDD. I was hoping...
  7. Windows 10 randomly slows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly slows: Hello there. I´m having a weird problem with my computer, and maybe you can help me. I´m usually able to solve this things by myself, but not this time. This is the thing. My Windows 10 started to randomly slow down some months ago. That´s basically it. It didn´t get better...
  8. Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD: I have an system with an Intel i5 processor (a Dell 3620) and ****319 ms in the above) and whether True or False is reported - I see True sometimes with lower times. I've searched far and wide for similar problems and there do seem to be significant numbers of people seeing...
  9. Windows 10 slow boot on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow boot on SSD: Hello. Recently (I don't know excactly when) I've noticed that my Windows 10 boot (from when I press power on button until I can see destop) is almost a minute longer than it used to be. Normally it took my PC about 20-25 seconds and I was already on a destop and ready to...
  10. laptop upgraded to 10 is very slow now. install SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop upgraded to 10 is very slow now. install SSD?: I feel sure that the portable is just not current enough on hardware and marginal on RAM. So I plan to replace the existing HD with a SSD. Thelaptop is a Dell E5510. I am so far unfamiliar with W10 and do not know how to determine what the processor is, size of the HDD,...