Windows 10: SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated

Discus and support SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I was using my desktop today normally and I stepped away from my desk for an hour or so and when I came back there was a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Impossible_Package, Apr 26, 2020.

1. SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated

SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated IZo6j-Y3S7J4WK57mryHMta4oIqEiZXPrCYAT3Y3MT0.jpg

Hi,

I was using my desktop today normally and I stepped away from my desk for an hour or so and when I came back there was a message that my computer was unable to find a bootable device to start the system. I tried reinstalling Windows, but my SSD doesn't show up on the list.

However, when I plug the SSD into my Mac, Paragon recognizes it as a hibernated disk and I can't format the disk using the disk utility, but I can access all the files inside of it. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you!

https://preview.redd.it/ze5iehi59av...bp&s=441de83a8335153d4da5abef539dccdae1f51956

submitted by /u/Impossible_Package
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Impossible_Package, Apr 26, 2020

2. Windows 8 faster boot: cold boot / hibernate combo

windows 7 w/ a ssd is already pretty dang fast, from hibernation its pretty much instant, cold boot is maybe 20s.

bostonbuddy, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 27, 2020
  4. scevism Win User

SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated

windows 10 slow boot

Wow you were so right just done a fresh install with just the ssd connected. Takes like 10 secs to boot into windows not like 3 mins anymore.*Smile SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated :)
    Thank you so much for the advice.*Toast :toast:

scevism, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated

1. SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated - Similar Threads - SSD refuses boot

2. System Refusing to Boot from M.2 after plugging in old SSD boot drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Refusing to Boot from M.2 after plugging in old SSD boot drive.: So I've been troubleshooting this for the past two hours now and nothing is working.I needed more space on my computer so I remembered the old SSD that used to be the original boot drive for my PC that was just sitting in there unused. I upgraded to the Samsung 960 Evo years...
  3. System Refusing to Boot from M.2 after plugging in old SSD boot drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Refusing to Boot from M.2 after plugging in old SSD boot drive.: So I've been troubleshooting this for the past two hours now and nothing is working.I needed more space on my computer so I remembered the old SSD that used to be the original boot drive for my PC that was just sitting in there unused. I upgraded to the Samsung 960 Evo years...
  4. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuse to hibernate: Good day, my laptop refuse to hibernate after resetting my laptop with reset factory. How can i fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-refuse-to-hibernate/fd886d6f-f83f-482a-8fdc-32f0d4eacab4
  5. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop refuse to hibernate: Good day, my laptop refuse to hibernate after resetting my laptop with reset factory. How can i fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-refuse-to-hibernate/fd886d6f-f83f-482a-8fdc-32f0d4eacab4
  6. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate

hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate: Nice thread. While I have hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate. I've read there may be apps that can influence whether I can hibernate my PC. Is there an easy way to identify which apps have this annoying "feature" so I can either disable or...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot with SSD plugged in.: So a while back I got a new motherboard the MSI A320M PRO VD/S V2. Off course this came along with some new ram and a new CPU. Right now I have 3 storage devices plugged in. My HardDrive, my boot SSD and a second SSD for storage. I have this configured that my boot SSD is in...
  9. When my external HDD is plugged in, my computer refuses to boot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When my external HDD is plugged in, my computer refuses to boot.: Okay, so my External HDD is broken. Badly. I'm just gonna list the things I've noticed and the things I've done to try and fix it, so that hopefully you can give me guidance on more things to try. If the drive is plugged in when the computer boots, the computer hangs on the...
  10. Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to

Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to: On my Dell laptop, I have all sleep type settings off or on very high minutes so that it doesn't. I have System unattended sleep timeout showing and that is set high also. Still, after I come home after several hours, my laptop is shut down. I ran sleep diagnostics and it...